Shimano Xtr Br-M960 Brake, Front Or Rear?

Guantanamo

Going to bid on a shimano xtr br-m960 brake on ebay, just need to find out whether there are seperate front and rear brakes for this model or just one that works for both. Had a look online and can't seem to find much about it.

Thanks for your time

Adam

Edited by Guantanamo

In my opinion i wouldnt waste my money on XTR v-brakes. (if you are using them for trials use). I find they create a spongy feeling at the lever, and do not have the power to hold up for trials use.

furthermore i had some that i used on my front brake that snapped on the "2nd" arm bit, then i replaced it and it did the same on the second caliper i use.

if you are thinking about them for trials use then avoid like the plague IMO. A much better brake caliper would be something like the AVID digit 5 from TartyBikes, or this shimano one here

Yeah there crap plus when using metal backings and a wide rim they didn't fit.

Thanks chaps, i think i'll go for the sd7 calipers then unless i come across any ultimates on ebay. Would they be any good? Some there now but in shit condition.

Cheers

Adam

Thanks chaps, i think i'll go for the sd7 calipers then unless i come across any ultimates on ebay. Would they be any good? Some there now but in shit condition.

Cheers

Adam

I found my SD7s were better than the Ultimates I had. If I were to run V's again I'd defo for for SD7's