Hub Problem

rab shropshire

Basically I bought this hub second hand with the intention of radially laceing it, when I recieved it, it seems that it has previously been laced radially but with the spokeheads facing inward instead of outwards. As you should be able too see from the pictures the spokes have left some large indents on the side of the flange and started too pull through the hub slightly.

Is it safe to use this hub or is it fit for the bin.

thanks in advance

post-23109-127532852587_thumb.jpg

post-23109-127532853645_thumb.jpg

post-23109-127532854611_thumb.jpg

i would just use it. just bin it when they do actually pull through

in the mean time, look for a hope mono ultraslim front hub. thats what you really want

If youre using a rimbrake then I would just lace it 3x and it will probably be fine aslong as you dont go mental with the spoke tension, the weight saving from 3x to radial isnt all that much and probably not worth doing unless youre doing a superlight build, even then its only about 50g saving.

Currently using a mono front hub radial laced to a mavic 517xc and it is superlight and not had any issues with the hub or wheel strength, recommend it (Y)

Only front hub I'll run (Y)

If you want one, give me a shout. I have a spare 32h and 36h at the mo (red and black respectively)

Red one? By any chance did the one i sold you actually turn up through the post?

Edited by pogo

2010 TR

That's a 2010? I guess it's hard to see the top of the flanges from that angle... To be fair though, any lightweight front hub is susceptible to that kind of issue with radial lacing depending how tight the spokes are.

That's a 2010? I guess it's hard to see the top of the flanges from that angle... To be fair though, any lightweight front hub is susceptible to that kind of issue with radial lacing depending how tight the spokes are.

Aye, silver flange tops

I didn't even do the wheelbuild which sucks, Not even my fault it's f**ked >.<