World Sup Song

Arran

Was just thinking we need a World Cup thread... anyone else not giving two shits about this whole soccer thing? Need to get myself an 'Anyone but England' shirt I think...

I'm with you on that, the new argentina shirts are very nice, cousins missus works for adidas so she always brings random shirts home for him!

Was just thinking we need a World Cup thread... anyone else not giving two shits about this whole soccer thing? Need to get myself an 'Anyone but England' shirt I think...

The media seem to be:

Day, England team visit a Safari Park in South Africa and Fabio gives the press a bollocking

In other news, 12 people killed by a gunman in Cumbria and some prositutes have been murdered.

It's even affected work. We have some bloody 'corporate' football calenders.

Funnily enough, Derby has a massive screen in the city centre;

20070620-derby_screen.png

God knows how much it costs to install and maintain, however I've never once seen anything of any value put on to it - it seems to stream weather reports.

It's been suggested that they play the world cup matches on it, however the police say they don't have the man power to cover all pubs and the streets if they were to use this. I think they did it a while ago with the Euro, resulting in about 50 homeless people say on the slabs with a can of Special Brew in each hand.

What a complete waste of money that was!

I f**king hate alll the hype surrounding the world cup, and the way it turns everyone into 'patriot'.

We're shit at football, and we're not going to win.

Also, this :lol: My family are flying those shitty flags from the car and we've got a huuuuge flag flying from the front of the house. A couple of months ago all I was hearing was "shitty England, no matter who I vote for blah blah blah" and now everyone's completely in love with the country.

Also, this :lol: My family are flying those shitty flags from the car and we've got a huuuuge flag flying from the front of the house. A couple of months ago all I was hearing was "shitty England, no matter who I vote for blah blah blah" and now everyone's completely in love with the country.

Sounds suspiciously like my facebook status ;)

I'll see you in court.

This is the last World Cup...

*snip*

That's how we celebrate in Ilkeston, near where I live. Set upon the nearest ethnic and f**k his van up. Come on England!

Just one reason why I f**king hate football supporters. Not football the game, just the supporters and the crap that goes with the game.

This is the last World Cup...

That's how we celebrate in Ilkeston, near where I live. Set upon the nearest ethnic and f**k his van up. Come on England!

Those f**king morons are the reason I don't enjoy football. At all.

Every pub showing the game is full of lairy Mike Skinner types.

look at all you stuck up idiots, not pround to be british bulldogs, your a disgrace to your country, shouldnt be allowed to call yourself english unless your willing to go watch the football and cheer for our country.

Personally im just learning all the words to my favourite football songs, hopefully i should have learnt all the words to "lets go f*cking mental" by the end of the day.

nah, see i enjoy watching football, and being in the pub, so combining the 2 activities is generally a good one. However eveyrones temporary national pride is slightly annoying. everyones willing to fly daft flags on the car for 3 week periods, and talk about how great great britain is these days, till we go down 3-2 in the quarters, and they then go back to hating the government, and calling britain sh*t once more.

look at all you stuck up idiots, not pround to be british bulldogs, your a disgrace to your country, shouldnt be allowed to call yourself english unless your willing to go watch the football and cheer for our country.

Personally im just learning all the words to my favourite football songs, hopefully i should have learnt all the words to "lets go f*cking mental" by the end of the day.

nah, see i enjoy watching football, and being in the pub, so combining the 2 activities is generally a good one. However eveyrones temporary national pride is slightly annoying. everyones willing to fly daft flags on the car for 3 week periods, and talk about how great great britain is these days, till we go down 3-2 in the quarters, and they then go back to hating the government, and calling britain sh*t once more.

Surely that should be England??!!

I saw an advertisment for Toshiba TV's on a poster today. It read something along the lines of: "Buy a Toshiba TV before the 10th of June 2010 and if we'll give you your money back if England win the cup!" Nice to know Toshiba have got faith...

:lol:

I hope we win now.

To be fair I kinda agree with you lt after a semi ruck in Walkabout today involving some mug who got pissed off cods whenever he turned round and shouted 'COME ON ENGLAND!' I didn't join in, despite him always shouting it at the most stupidly timed moments when everyone else was concentrating on an imporrant moment in the game ratheer than him being an idiot.

Buuuut I still jsut love the carnival vibes.