Echo Disc Brake!?

dirt jumper jake

Hey all i was looking through the Echo webiste today and found they have designed a disc brake? anyone know if its just a design or they're gonna produce it? http://www.echobike.com/design.html

EDIT: also looked on some of theyre bike specs and says Echo SL prototype so could this be happening?

Edited by dirt jumper jake

It's such a shameless rip off of a Mono Trial!

Sooo, you have a Mono Trial with Echo seals? Noice...

Also the topcap is on the side of the lever? So you can't have even a tiny bubble of air under the diaphragm or it could well enter the brake, and you can't bleed it with the lever on the bar?

From what I can tell, the lever also doesn't have a split clamp, so you have to take the grip off to get it off?

They're going to sell well. (Y)

It's such a shameless rip off of a Mono Trial!

Sooo, you have a Mono Trial with Echo seals? Noice...

Also the topcap is on the side of the lever? So you can't have even a tiny bubble of air under the diaphragm or it could well enter the brake, and you can't bleed it with the lever on the bar?

From what I can tell, the lever also doesn't have a split clamp, so you have to take the grip off to get it off?

They're going to sell well. (Y)

Yes well bearing in mind its still a prototype perhaps they might change it? No doubt its gonna be mega money and piss like a garden hose

I quite like the lever, think it looks nice... But your right, they could of gone for some really cool original design, like no others

Here is it actually on a bike, Looks sweet, Well i think it does...

ZOO-LYNX-09-dualdisc-bar.jpg

Edited by papman

I quite like the lever, think it looks nice... But your right, they could of gone for some really cool original design, like no others

Here is it actually on a bike, Looks sweet, Well i think it does...

ZOO-LYNX-09-dualdisc-bar.jpg

That would be a crap to bleed like

How can this be a rip off if it was conceived over 1,5 years ago? :mellow:

The current Mono Trial lever was brought in over 3 years ago, and the current caliper over 5 years ago. (From memory).

The standard Mono Trial as it is definately hasn't changed since 2007 either way. :P

Edited by Muel