What Bars Shall I Buy?

Ashley Sayers

I think you should go for the trial-tech riser, it's awsome :)

Sorry, I'm only 12, its not every day i get given £50. So to me thats alot for some handlebars.

I know dude, I'm 14 and it quite sucks to not having aford to some stuff sometimes, like when the bike breaks and you doesn't have aford to buy new stuff <_<:(

It's effectively a one-off payment though - Trialtech Sport or High Rise bars are awesome. Strong but still pretty light, and even if you somehow managed to damage them I'm sure Trialtech would try and help you out. Having said that, can't remember seeing a set come back in the past year so I'd imagine you'd be alright with them...

This is an interesting thread. I'm looking for some bars for myself at the moment too. :lol:

One question i thought of is about the over all length of the bar. I have 27" Marin xc on my mod and they feel a bit small. Would a 28" or 29" bar feel much different? i do like a wider bar, after trying out another mod with a wide bar at the weekend, but would you really feel the 1 or 2" increase or does the rise and stuff come into it too? :unsure:

(hope that makes sense. Although i have kind of answered my question, in a way... :P )

shawn

Edited by Bobo_Grimmer

You'll notice the extra width (Y) I went from some 27"-ish bars to the Trialtechs and it was a night and day difference, definitely in a good way. Rise makes quite a difference too. Personally, I prefer a higher rise bar as it makes it a bit easier to pull up for bunnyhops and so on, although if you're well into your TGS and sidehops you may prefer a lower front.

It's effectively a one-off payment though - Trialtech Sport or High Rise bars are awesome. Strong but still pretty light, and even if you somehow managed to damage them I'm sure Trialtech would try and help you out. Having said that, can't remember seeing a set come back in the past year so I'd imagine you'd be alright with them...

Yes! The high rise trialtech bars look swish!

Sorry, I'm only 12, its not every day i get given £50. So to me thats alot for some handlebars.

It's not everyday I get given 50 quid either and I'm 15.

But the value for money for the t-tech risers is out of this world!!!