Onza Pro 2010 Problems

blaney09

hi im kyle i baught the onza pro 2010 about 2 month ago and ever since i have been experiencing problems first it was one of the bolts in the front wheel which snapped when i was hopping on the front wheel (or trying to anywayse) this could of been caused by overtightening but im not shure then last week the rear hub bearings crumbled and destroyed the race in the hub which they sit in and now the crank arm (drive side) is hitting the bottom bracket casing (i think thats what its called <_< ) so i was just wondering if its just me breaking it or if its aomething to do with the bike its self and if other people are experiencing simmilar things soo thanks for reading and please comment with tips to help me with theese problems thanks.

My mate has had his ever since the bike came out. He has had no problems with his what so ever.

thanks for the reply and when you say nothing do bolts not alwayse come loose and the headset also comes loose on mine quite regularly its quite irritating really.

Take it back to where you got it from. It sounds like it hasn't been set up properly.

Not necessarily - crank comes loose, headsets come loose, sometimes hub bearings come loose. It's just how bikes are when they're new, especially when they're all open bearing and taper.

Regarding your crank hitting the BB shell, how tight are you doing the crank bolts up? If they weren't touching before and they are now, it just sounds like they've possibly been over-tightened and have stretched the tapers out meaning they sit on further.

Other than that, headsets coming loose can quite often happen but should settle down relatively quickly after the bike's been ridden a few times. Sometimes hubs can get a little loose too, which is why it's always a good idea to check over a new bike pretty thoroughly when you ride it the first few times.

My mate has had his ever since the bike came out. He has had no problems with his what so ever.

Urghhh.

Every single bike and component doesn't leave the factory in an identical condition - Just because your mate hasn't had a problem it doesn't mean to say that anyone else wont.

To echo what Mark said, things do come lose and that is why you should maintain your bike and check these things before you ride or as often as possible. Parts to 'bed in' and so may become lose when ridden...thats nothing to do with the supplier or the manufacture.

When I bought an Onza a long while ago, I had a similar problem with the bottom bracket coming lose, I was also supplied with an information sheet with the bike explaining that it was recommended to check parts during the first few rides as it was not unusual for things to loosen up over the first few rides.

hi im kyle i baught the onza pro 2010 about 2 month ago and ever since i have been experiencing problems first it was one of the bolts in the front wheel which snapped when i was hopping on the front wheel (or trying to anywayse) this could of been caused by overtightening but im not shure then last week the rear hub bearings crumbled and destroyed the race in the hub which they sit in and now the crank arm (drive side) is hitting the bottom bracket casing (i think thats what its called <_< ) so i was just wondering if its just me breaking it or if its aomething to do with the bike its self and if other people are experiencing simmilar things soo thanks for reading and please comment with tips to help me with theese problems thanks.

ive also got a onza pro 2010. ive had the crank come loose on the non drive side a few times and the peddles on both side! had to tighten the rear wheel bearings up once also!

hi my rear wheel bearings used to come loose every day until they finaly fell apart and now that ive got a new hub ive ridden it for 1 day and theyve already came loose twise

Not necessarily - crank comes loose, headsets come loose, sometimes hub bearings come loose. It's just how bikes are when they're new, especially when they're all open bearing and taper.

Regarding your crank hitting the BB shell, how tight are you doing the crank bolts up? If they weren't touching before and they are now, it just sounds like they've possibly been over-tightened and have stretched the tapers out meaning they sit on further.

Other than that, headsets coming loose can quite often happen but should settle down relatively quickly after the bike's been ridden a few times. Sometimes hubs can get a little loose too, which is why it's always a good idea to check over a new bike pretty thoroughly when you ride it the first few times.

well i just tighten them with a short allen key so they wont be that tight

I have an Onza Pro '10 on the way to me right now.

I will check all the bolts and anything else that could possibly loosen itself after my first couple of rides on it and tell you if anything bad has actually happened, or like some others have said, it's just a case of tightening them back up again.

I will check all the bolts and anything else that could possibly loosen itself after my first couple of rides on it

Might be worth taking a small bag or something with you to keep a pedal spanner and some allen keys in - things come loose mid-ride, and then you've got to ride with them like that just adding to the damage. It doesn't take much to, say, strip pedal threads or round square taper cranks. Better to be safe than sorry!

• Like 1

Might be worth taking a small bag or something with you to keep a pedal spanner and some allen keys in

Absolutely. I always take a bag with Crank and BB tool, pedal spanner and a set of allen keys with me (plus pump and tube). Certain things like pedals and cranks will destroy themselves if they come loose so it's always worth checking them regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to everyone for helping i have sorted my bike out now and nothing seems to come loose anymore well not regularly anyway so i can spend more time riding so one again thanks for the help you all gave me and also can you please give me some rep as i want to be a full member so i can access the full member part of the forum. thanks