Gavin Bedford Memorial Ride

Jonny Jones

Here's a video I've put together of Gavin's memorial ride that happened in Porthcawl on the 2nd October. Apparently 60+ people turned up and there was lots of great riding!

The video features a touching speech by John Shrewsbury and an opening sequence that showcases the rocks that Gavin used for training as well as a playground!

From a technical point of view, please excuse the odd bit of flickering in the video, I shot everything on my new Canon 7D and I'm using the 18-200mm lens which is variable aperture, so the light changes every time I zoom!

Anyway, enjoy the video! Its 9 minutes long so make sure you're sitting comfortably lol!

R.I.P. Gav XX

It's an '04 Pure!

:blink:

For real?!

I could've SWORN they had smaller tubes than that! Haha.

Show's how un-old school I am :( Always did like them ever since that Danny Mac video with the screamo - shame I can't identify them :giggle:

Edited by aener

:blink:

For real?!

I could've SWORN they had smaller tubes than that! Haha.

Show's how un-old school I am :( Always did like them ever since that Danny Mac video with the screamo - shame I can't identify them :giggle:

I don't recall Danny Mac ever riding an 04 pure?

Anyway, the video was really well done, the opening shots were really atmospheric. Great work as usual Jonny.

I don't recall Danny Mac ever riding an 04 pure?

Anyway, the video was really well done, the opening shots were really atmospheric. Great work as usual Jonny.

I'm really making myself look stupid, aren't I :$

I meant this video:

And upon watching it, I realise I remembered the bike differently to how it actually is. I thought it was one the same as Rowan Johns in the video - guess not. Being that I still don't know - what is this one? Or is it a later model pure?

Thanks for all the great comments people :) It was a brilliant day and yes John's speech was amazing! Apparently it had been raining everyday that week, the ride day came along and it was lovely, if a little cloudy lol, so Gav was definitely looking down on us!

the vid was beautiful and amazing

do you have a new camera, those opening shots were just :o

Thanks mate, yeah I've got a Canon 7D DSLR now which shoots epic HD video. Very much like Rowan's 550D. Massive wave in the industry for over a year now, people using DSLRs to shoot stuff rather than conventional cameras! However I did spend about a day grading the footage to try and make it look as stunning as possible :)