James May's Man Lab

Ben John - Hynes

loved the bit where he tried to blag bulling the boots. sgt wasnt have none of it lol

See I didn't like that because it seemed fake and at least partly scripted. Funniest bit I can recall is where he broke the glass making the tartar sauce and had that impromptue conversation with the director... more of the kind of unscripted banter would make it more watchable I think.

I very much liked the concept, but felt it failed a little in the delivery. I mean, having a show that actually shows how to make awesome shit around the house and generally being like ray mears around the home would be mint. But as has already been pointed out it was far too scripted and some of the things weren't that good (serenading etc.)

I'll watch it next week as most pilot episodes vary from the main bulk of the show while they assert themselves and May probably has to weedle out the top gear style of presenting a bit so fingers crossed it'll get better. I'm hoping to see him build something using the speakers he has in the background or some kind of epic bbq type thing.

You = Engineer

James May = Bafoon ?

I think he has the ability to make (a form of) real engineering appealing to the masses but what I've seen so far just isn't going to cut it! Even Richard Hammond doing the Engineering connecitons thing was more enjoyable and I'd say he's more of a bafoon than James...

I've seen both of the episodes on the iPlayer, whilst it's over scripted and the content seems pretty far fetched at times, it's still worth a watch because it made me giggle.

I afree with this, not as good as hisother stuff but deffinatley watchable, late at night anyway.

• 4 weeks later...