Koxx Sky 2

Ben Swales

I have no idea why they went to post mount, some people prefer it I guess.

Headset type is just internal I think, but hard to tell anything from those photos and details are still sketchy. We'll know when they arrive (hopefully before Xmas for the frames).

Laurence--Trials, on 15 December 2010 - 01:55 PM, said:

why they go to postmount? what are the advantages of it?

1. Increases brake power / bite

2.Now you can use another disc brake , not only Hope brakes on Koxx frames

3.You can adjust your caliper ( left-right position in each bolt) -there are a lot of advantages under this one for Hope brakes !!!

4. Maybe some grams saved

5.It`s something new in trial sports :lol:

Cheers

Edited by kristaps

1. Increases brake power / bite

2.Now you can use another disc brake , not only Hope brakes on Koxx frames

3.You can adjust your caliper ( left-right position in each bolt) -there are a lot of advantages under this one for Hope brakes !!!

4. Maybe some grams saved

5.It`s something new in trial sports :lol:

1. Why/how?

2. Fair point, however we all know that the Mono Trial is the best trials brake available.

3. You can do that with IS mount, and it;s more guesswork with post mount than with IS - at least with IS you KNOW how much you are adjusting the caliper by (the thickness of the shim used).

4. Nope, it's heavier

5. That's bad, it means we now have two different types of brake mount in trials. As soon as any adaptors are required customers get confused as it is, this makes it even worse!

• Like 1

1. Why/how?

2. Fair point, however we all know that the Mono Trial is the best trials brake available.

3. You can do that with IS mount, and it;s more guesswork with post mount than with IS - at least with IS you KNOW how much you are adjusting the caliper by (the thickness of the shim used).

4. Nope, it's heavier

5. That's bad, it means we now have two different types of brake mount in trials. As soon as any adaptors are required customers get confused as it is, this makes it even worse!

My english isn`t good and I can`t say all what I want to say, but I will try to answer.

1. IS mount are much more flexible . Compare those 2 distances. Post mont is much more stable on frame.

1285326086042-1e5si7xiqhdfv-670-75.jpg

DSC06526.jpg

2. Not for all riders. A lot of people prefer another brakes ;)

3. With IS mount you can change only distance from frame mount to brake mount. You can`t change caliper angle. (ok with shims-but it`s absolutely wrong)

With post mount you can adjust your caliper in almost all directions

hope_moto_v2_caliper3s.jpg

4. You now the weight of new hope mono trial?

This thread is going to afftopic-sorry !

Cheers,

Kristaps

Edited by kristaps

Exactly, soon we will not be abble to change a frame only anymore...or other parts...

If you want to ride Atomz frame you need a specific hub, i you want to ride this frame you will need postmount brake, maybe a specific fork for the rockman frame with tapered headtube...etc....

This leads us to have to change the whole bike when you want to ride a different frame....maybe it is what they want...

It is nice to see some really good improvments in trials parts.

But some choices are questionnable.

In this case 116mm spaced frame...why?

And indeed even if these frames are probably high end frames they quite look like "cheap" neon frames....

If it is not stronger than a Rockman frame, it does not worth the extra cost......

With IS mount you can change only distance from frame mount to brake mount. You can`t change caliper angle. (ok with shims-but it`s absolutely wrong)

With post mount you can adjust your caliper in almost all directions

You shouldn't really need to do that though, so it's not really a benefit as such? It just makes setup more time-consuming...

More awful geo frames that look like a speedrace. thank f**k onza still do decent geo

To be fair, Speedrace kinda 'borrowed' aspects from the Koxx frames to create their own look, so it's the other way round, kinda.

To be fair, Speedrace kinda 'borrowed' aspects from the Koxx frames to create their own look, so it's the other way round, kinda.

Yeah but i hate it when everything looks the same, its as if the designers have just been lazy and said f**k it, just whack a +90million BB on there and thats the 2011 model.

My guess would be something like: 'They don't know how good it is'

Yeah but i hate it when everything looks the same, its as if the designers have just been lazy and said f**k it, just whack a +90million BB on there and thats the 2011 model.

Well in this case... New headtube, new dropouts, new tubing profiles, completely new bashplate mount system, new disc mount. So that's... nothing the same as the previous model!

My guess would be something like: 'They don't know how good it is'

Well in this case... New headtube, new dropouts, new tubing profiles, completely new bashplate mount system, new disc mount. So that's... nothing the same as the previous model!

Nah i meant as in different companys with incredibly similar looking frames