Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

It's only the folks from the south east of Ireland that have this problem with their th's, and as far as anyone living away from the east coast they're practically west britain anyway :P... I enjoyed Tartydays a lot this year. Great to see so many people riding so well. Got a few lines I was pleased with myself too and the atmosphere and the banter were great.

Much more stuff to play on than last year and while it was raining in the mornings I got to have a good look around the other displays at the event too - some fantastic stuff there and at the risk of sounding middle-aged, the standard of carving and woodwork on display were exceptional, especially given that most people involved were amateurs.

The guy at the wood chipper stand was a bit of a legend too (Turns out he's a mountain biker as well) - we now know what the best chipper for (hypothetically :shifty:) disposing of a body is this one: http://www.timberwolf-uk.com/Templates/350infopg.html :D

One thing that was a bit disappointing was that both burger stands I went to for food during the day were not only poor value for money, but the standard of the food itself was very poor too - the burgers we got on Sunday at the BBQ were absolutely amazing though.

Huge thanks to everyone involved! I'll hopefully be able to make it again next year.

Quality Weekend! That fire was definitely needed though, Welsh weather is bloody freezing! :P

Does anyone know who the guys in the green classic Mini were? They were there for the first day or two and were doing a roadtrip of the UK's best spots or something.

I lent one of them a maggy, and the next day they had left. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they had forgotten, but I want to use it now :P

Any help would be great :)

Thanks to Matt and Adam for organising such a good weekend!

Couple of mine. Mainly shot video (fail - takes an age to edit) though...

Tarty Days specific setup, Saturday morning

td1.jpg

Main course

td2.jpg

Dave airing over the bar

td3.jpg

Joe with the same

td4.jpg

Ali 180ing it

td5.jpg

Ben not 180ing it

td6.jpg

Aftermath

td7.jpg

Saturday afternoon

td8.jpg

Neil gap up (large!)

td9.jpg

Ben backwards nose roll

td10.jpg

Miles airing out of the cable reel

td11.jpg

Ali bunnyhop gap over the bucket (from the aluminium platform behind Ben's rear wheel)

td12.jpg

Andrei wrong way sidehop

td13.jpg

Adam tap

td14.jpg

Aurelien wrong way sidehop

td15.jpg

Thanks to all those who came, hope you enjoyed it!

I agree with Simpson on this, I wish the security just come up to us and said keep quite. We had to stay up as it was georges birthday on Sunday so we sang happy birthday and went to bed we was a sleep by 12:30. Then I had a knock on van door at 9 and told to leave, so basically we drove 4 hours paid £20 x 5 and got to ride from 11am - 7pm on Saturday and told to leave 9am Sunday morning. Great birthday present for George :(

I must say a big thank you to all the riders that stuck up for us and said good things about us once we had left. It means alot.

And thanks to Matt Barlow for trying to sort out us seeing a demo, it's a shame it didn't work out. Hope you didn't get in to much trouble.

All in all the riding was better then last year. The venue was not as good but I still enjoyed myself for the day. I really hope the megaphone don't jeopardise another tarty days.

You guys do so much hard work sorting thse festivals out and we really appricate it. Please don't let this be the last one.

Phil

Well said.

I've been found out :ninja:

Is Dave on here? I was talking to him at the weekend about 24s and stems but I can't remember what stem he said he had

Dwells86 i think. Dave Wells on facebook (Y)

You'll want 90x35. Any shorter feels dick for trials, any longer feels dick for street. Stackers and bar size for preference.

Had a chat with Matt this morning - neither of us are keen to run a Tarty Days 2012, so I'm pretty sure 2011 will be the last one. I would be happy to explain for those interested, but haven't got time right now. Thanks to those who attended and enjoyed themselves both this year and last year.

I will possibly look into running some sort of similar, non-competitive event next year, but a lot of things will need to change to make it viable.

Had a chat with Matt this morning - neither of us are keen to run a Tarty Days 2012, so I'm pretty sure 2011 will be the last one. I would be happy to explain for those interested, but haven't got time right now. Thanks to those who attended and enjoyed themselves both this year and last year.

I will possibly look into running some sort of similar, non-competitive event next year, but a lot of things will need to change to make it viable.

As Adam said, thanks to those who attended and enjoyed themselves.

We're both glad that the last two years of Tarty Days have provided good times for so many riders.

Peace

Barlow

Sad news.

I can only imagine the hard work that goes into an event like that, and this year was great save for the couple of pretty small occurrences that turned into bigger problems. It's a shame that a standalone event would be so much harder and more expensive to put on, because otherwise that'd easily be the way to go.

Great work guys, thanks for giving the community the event for 2 years - that's infinitely better than not at all (Y)

awww mann :(

thanks for putting the event on adam

im sure im not the only one that would be more than happy to attend a similar event next year !!

it was great to just chill, ride and meet loads of new riders ..

how about holding the event at a pre made trials park ? like barrow farm or something along those lines ?

it was great to just chill, ride and meet loads of new riders ..

how about holding the event at a pre made trials park ? like barrow farm or something along those lines ?

That was the idea...

Considered that, Barrow Farm is out of the question and there is nowhere else suitable (in my opinion).