Your Own Music !

angua

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi8jF2c61Cw

Latest music project, a cover of "Cradle of Forest" from the Silent Hill series.

Official song composed by Akira Yamaoka.

Vocals: Pauline Fiksson

Drums: Ioannis Varelidis

Guitar, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer: Nick Konstantinidis

Mix & Master: Nick Konstantinidis

Many thanks to everyone who collaborated to record this track, and to everyone else who support our musical journey.

Enjoy!

My band at college have decided to record some stuff ourselves, here is the first working progress, we need to redo some guitar parts and unfourtunately college equipment isn't of a high standard but heyho!

Costructive critism would be great.

Enjoy. http://soundcloud.co...world-goes-down

Edited by tinytipper

My band at college have decided to record some stuff ourselves, here is the first working progress, we need to redo some guitar parts and unfourtunately college equipment isn't of a high standard but heyho!

Costructive critism would be great.

Enjoy. http://soundcloud.co...world-goes-down

Hello there! Nice to hear that you decided to put some of your tunes down

Really like it as a tune, it gets me in a mood :wink2:

Here are my personal thoughts on the track and what I would have done differently, hope it helps:

Vocals: They sound nice and fitting for this genre, although I would use less reverb as it makes them sound a little "off" in some points.

Guitars: They are a little muddy, and could get a little volume boost. They sound well played though so try cutting some low-mids to clear the muddiness. Also, double tracking makes a massive difference in guitars so it would be nice to record them twice and pan them hard left and right, you'll get a more powerful sound and leave space in the mid for the vocal.

Drums: They sound programmed. Not always a bad thing but I thing that something more organic would go well with the track. A little tweaking with the velocities and room mics will make a huge difference.

Nice work overall listened to it several times, hope to hear more from you guys :wink:

All the best.

Edited by TrialZonn

Hello there! Nice to hear that you decided to put some of your tunes down

Really like it as a tune, it gets me in a mood :wink2:

Here are my personal thoughts on the track and what I would have done differently, hope it helps:

Vocals: They sound nice and fitting for this genre, although I would use less reverb as it makes them sound a little "off" in some points.

Guitars: They are a little muddy, and could get a little volume boost. They sound well played though so try cutting some low-mids to clear the muddiness. Also, double tracking makes a massive difference in guitars so it would be nice to record them twice and pan them hard left and right, you'll get a more powerful sound and leave space in the mid for the vocal.

Drums: They sound programmed. Not always a bad thing but I thing that something more organic would go well with the track. A little tweaking with the velocities and room mics will make a huge difference.

Nice work overall listened to it several times, hope to hear more from you guys :wink:

All the best.

We have been working on the track today, we have recorded some of the guitar parts again e.g the solo and added some more vocals plus added some violin parts as an experiment. The drums are programmed, when we have the time we will set up recording a proper kit. After this track is sorted we shall be recording more material. Thanks for the comment/advice :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So back in August a some twins I went to school with had their 21st. They are both incredible musicians, like mind blowing good at what they do so gifts were to be a musical gift. A good mate and I have also been trying to make the most generic and stupidly heavy Death Metal EP we can, just because under the band name "bLuud". The band is in no way serious but we decided to make them a birthday song, so we did.

I wrote 90% of the song, programmed the drums, played bass, shouted my ass off and killed my throat because I cant scream properly, made the lyrics up on the spot and bought a massive computer just so I could make the lyric video.

My mate played guitar, tweaked some of it so it sounded better, recorded, mixed and mastered the track.

I reckon it sounds killer, Im so stoked on it even though it was really a joke.

• Like 2

that's one cool birthday gift!

love it

song was awesome :D

Ha thanks heaps. Yeah we thought that it would be a killer thing to get that would have real lasting value as opposed to the normal sorta gift.

I even made individual album covers for CD's and the two of us signed them haha. They loved it.

Glad you liked the song!

Ha thanks heaps. Yeah we thought that it would be a killer thing to get that would have real lasting value as opposed to the normal sorta gift.

I even made individual album covers for CD's and the two of us signed them haha. They loved it.

Glad you liked the song!

That's the sort of gift I like and try to make myself

custom gift are always cool

props for the cover ;)