Will A Magura Rim Brake Fit V Brake Mounts

BradJohnson

There are adaptors but they're pointless.

Vee's can be as good as Maggys if set up properly and many people prefer them because vee's have more hold.

*awaiting Ali C's wall of text*

i have v brakes but i cant seem to set tem up right i have bought new pads and cables and even got a rim grind but after a few hours of riding the rim was smooth again.

if you have ant idea what i can do please share

I mean if you are going down a hill or wanting to slow down, don't drag the brakes to slow down. If you have a disc use that or if you have ground rims front and rear (fail) then use your feet on the floor or tyre

i only have a rear grind as i have a front cable disk, i dont do downhill riding i do trials sections and things with pallets and cable drums etc.

i only have a rear grind as i have a front cable disk, i dont do downhill riding i do trials sections and things with pallets and cable drums etc.

with you being on a trials forum owning a trials bike and asking questions about trials related things I didn't think you were a downhiller.

If you are like me and you go to ride somewhere, hills are often something that needs to be navigated. Some people tend to drag brakes when going down them, if you do this it will make your rim smooth, hence, don't do it.

What pads are they out of interest? I have a rather huge hatred of Maguras, about as useful as an arse on your elbow they are.

TNN LGV, problem solved.

Or inspired phats. Mine are epic on the front with a touch of tar so should be more than enough for this guy on

the rear. (and he wouldn't have to re-grind)

Could it also be the rim at fault here? The rims on starter bikes (his sig says he has a phase 1.3) don't hold a grind for long because they are soft and not designed to be ground.(thats my experience anyways)

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 1

Could it also be the rim at fault here? The rims on starter bikes (his sig says he has a phase 1.3) don't hold a grind for long because they are soft and not designed to be ground.(thats my experience anyways)

probably true i had unbranded wheels for a while before i got my Atomlabs and they seem to come up better when ground. Yes it is true you can run a maggie on vee mounts with the Evo 2 adaptors but they are very difficult to set up properly and the pads always wear down at an angle somewhere or one pad wears down faster than the other (is there a secret to get it right?) and from recent experience the clamps come loose and move slightly under heavy braking, unless i am tightening the bolts too tight? Someone want to guide me to the correct method of set up cause im inreasingly moving towards changing for a disc on the rear.

I ran the evo adaptors on my old et24 and didn't have the slightest issue in the 18 months or so that I was running them (Y)

Must be something wrong with mine then im forever having problems and the Effect frame is basically the same as the old ET around the seatstay/chainstay area. Ive found that my non drive side pad is wearing down faster than the drive side and at an angle whereas the drive side is perfect. Also when i go to set my brake up the lower mounting plate always seems to move and the clamps move a bit too, might be due to my pads not equal? Im getting my wheels back from my LBS soon anyway as they are in for a quick tune and i'll get some fesh pads to see if it makes any difference.

It depends what frame you have, if you have a 19" back wheel, the evo adaptor bends out where the frame is wider to accommodate for it, thus making one of the calipers wonky, as magura's aren't trials specific, they're made for mountain bikes with slimmer wheels/mount spacing.

i ride a stock 26"