Speed Race - Carbon

ben_travis

Right,

so since i have been sponsored by Speedrace, I have had a few ideas in how to improve the perception of the company, and currently had a friend of mine testing the frame. I have taken some ideas from current frames, past frames and a design on the geometry i have liked since the previous speedrace that didnt come into the country.

Frame is based on the geometry of the 2010 speedrace,

1090, +50bb, 72* HA, 385cs, however after a little testing some variations on this might change on the production frame. I will try my best to keep you updated on this as and when i know from the guys at speedrace. Price is still to be announced / discussed for the UK market

anyway....some pictures are what i imagine you are all looking for. See Trials forum Gallery Below

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=slideshow&album=2240

All comments and questions are welcome. I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible for you.

looks great!

1090 - perfect;

72 ha - perfect;

I hope you lower the bb a little - around +40 - there are too many 50+ frames out there and only very few around the 40 to 45 range - i think a lot of riders would appreciate that.

385 stays is a good idea - but there is no reliable 17t freewheel on the market, so only freehub user can run 17:14; to me a halflink(with 18:15) is no real option; so why not place the brake mounts to fit 380 and 385 stays and put two holes in the dropouts, one for a 380- and one for a 385 snailcam-fit!?

Edited by wimmeretz

I really like speedrace, wouldn't mind riding for them myself ( :giggle: in my dreams). This seems interesting and quite promising, are there any plans for 20"? And i agree with wimmeretz, lower bb. Too many frames with high BBs nowadays, lower BB might help with sales. Me as well have friends who are looking for a 26" frame not with +60BB.

Keep the news coming. :)

I agree again with the above, lower the BB a bit (I've got a Because Simple which I think is about +40) and also agree with the stays problem.There must be some way of getting around having to run a halflink to get 18-15.

I really like Speedrace frames, was dissapointed they never sold that last one in UCI colours over here. I remember seeing some pictures you posted when I first signed up when it had just been released and really wanted one for my first proper frame!

Same as this

post-24247-0-05599300-1298877266_thumb.j

looks great!

1090 - perfect;

72 ha - perfect;

I hope you lower the bb a little - around +40 - there are too many 50+ frames out there and only very few around the 40 to 45 range - i think a lot of riders would appreciate that.

385 stays is a good idea - but there is no reliable 17t freewheel on the market, so only freehub user can run 17:14; to me a halflink(with 18:15) is no real option; so why not place the brake mounts to fit 380 and 385 stays and put two holes in the dropouts, one for a 380- and one for a 385 snailcam-fit!?

(Y)

• 2 weeks later...

good job !

what about the weight ? do you save any weight ? :)

It is very much a competition frame weight wise. I love it, never been keen on high bb rise and glad to have taken the plunge.

Booster is fine, light weight… reduces frame flex… pretty much just like a booster should be, no!? However there are a few points ben has responded to speedrace with. After all this is just a proto.