Try-All Fork Karbon Koncept ... Coming Soon!

Laurence--Trials

the 4 bolt mounts on these forks scare me, unless they have actually used the material to it's full potential and ramped up the thickness where 4 bolt forks always snap then I can't see them lasting long. This would definitely be a fork that could benefit from having vee mounts on, stronger and a lighter more powerful brake, win win win.

Not a fan of Try-All forks in general. I have found the alu version flexy, and snap happy. Steerer tube and fork legs need to be thicker.

Would be interesting to see how the 'Karbon Koncept' forks turn out, but I know I wont be buying some.

4-bolt option does sound scary. Can see them breaking quite quickly

the 4 bolt mounts on these forks scare me, unless they have actually used the material to it's full potential and ramped up the thickness where 4 bolt forks always snap then I can't see them lasting long.

If the designer has any experience with carbon then it will be reinforced appropriately in that area, it's so simple to do with a carbon lay up that it'd be mental not to do it...

Will be interesting to see if these babies can last a whole comp season of taps, hooks, and frenchies with the odd occasional fail here and there.

Was chatting to Joe Seddon the other week and these forks came up, they aren't lasting too long at the moment, but then at sub 500 grams i'm not surprised! But if they are that weight they've got a bit to play with to sort them out. Will be interesting to see the final production model and how they last. I'd give them one ride on the front of Andrei Burton's bike!

• Like 1

Was chatting to Joe Seddon the other week and these forks came up, they aren't lasting too long at the moment, but then at sub 500 grams i'm not surprised! But if they are that weight they've got a bit to play with to sort them out. Will be interesting to see the final production model and how they last. I'd give them one ride on the front of Andrei Burton's bike!

Really, they should have designed them like those custom Coustellier carbon forks that Danny Butler has been running for absolutely ages.

Really, they should have designed them like those custom Coustellier carbon forks that Danny Butler has been running for absolutely ages.

Why? they were horrifically expensive to make and were disc only. The Koxx forks are 4 bolt specific and I can't see how they could make the forks Danny used to work with maggys without seriously mods and things have moved on with carbon manufacturing since then. I'm sure with the right design they'll sort the issues, I mean that's the point in prototypes, to trial a design, see it's short comings and engineer them out of the next proto until they're worthy of production. Light one one off forks are slightly different to something that's going to be produced on a comparatively large scale.

• Like 1

Why? they were horrifically expensive to make and were disc only. The Koxx forks are 4 bolt specific and I can't see how they could make the forks Danny used to work with maggys without seriously mods and things have moved on with carbon manufacturing since then. I'm sure with the right design they'll sort the issues, I mean that's the point in prototypes, to trial a design, see it's short comings and engineer them out of the next proto until they're worthy of production. Light one one off forks are slightly different to something that's going to be produced on a comparatively large scale.

That was good 5-6 years ago when those forks appeared on the scene, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make a cost effective 4-bolt design using todays technological advancements.

That was good 5-6 years ago when those forks appeared on the scene, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make a cost effective 4-bolt design using todays technological advancements.

Most likely the reason why Koxx have chosen the design and manufacturing method they have, it's a technological advancement over Danny's forks.... simpler to integrate 4 bolt mounts and take advantage of the new manufacturing techniques, producing a lighter and (potentially) lower cost fork. What you were suggesting was that they use an old out dated method that was most likely chosen as it was the only one available/feasible for extremely low production numbers.

Plus putting a "cost effective" four bolt mount on an "inferior" (Ali has already said Danny's forks weighed circa twice as much as the Koxx protos) that was economical to produce wouldn't be a very cost effective thing to do....

Your argument was just weak/bollocks, why take something old and tweak it with modern technology so it "just" works when Koxx are trying to produce something that is up to date, superior(?) and more than likely cheaper (wouldn't be worth them producing it if they couldn't sell it)?

Edited by craigjames