Echo Sl Freewheels Worthy Of The Hype?

Damon W

been running a tensile 60 click for awhile now, and to be honest really like it, but its getting tatty and is very warped and flared.

was thinking along the lines of echo sl but wondering peoples thoughts?

the system LOOKS good and theoreticly should be a winner, just curious of any problems people have had cos im qwite a heavy rider and dont want to waste my time if its likely to brake.

thanking you :)

The system LOOKS good and is VERY good.

Very solidly built, solid feeling and overall tough freewheel.

Very precise engagements, has never skipped on me and is claimed it should almost never do so.

In answer to your question, they are worthy of the hype :)

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Ive got 2 bikes with echo sl's on one runs like a dream and

sounds amazing the other (which is new!)sounds like a bag of nails! but even though it sounds rough and has since new it (fingers crossed) doesn't skip and inspires confidence over previous freewheels! ;)

never skips, 3 out of 3000 failure rate tarty said.

Pretty sure nobody here has even said that, but please feel free to show me where if I'm wrong!

% wise, they are definitely the best, and the engagement is always very positive.

In my opinion there is a pretty big difference between 'only 3 have ever broken' in April 2011 and 'we've only heard of 3 broken so far' about a year ago - but yeah, if you only look at the numbers that's what I said...

Check my post, i never said 'only 3 have ever broken'. Stop being an argumentative so and so :-

Performance wise, the internal mechanism is seconded to none so the only issue for you, is weather or not strength of the outer ring will hold up to your 'tank' riding when you consider the fact that you have warped the Tensile outer ring which is harden cromo, the SL is alu.

what is the difference between new Echo SL 2011 (Black) and last ECHO SL (Silver)? ?? :blink::S

I heard from somebody new SL (Black) is Better.. :-

But Sound of new SL's (Black) is lower than silvers

Edited by iman-k