Front Hs33, Or Vee?

TRD

I've always ran front disc. Wanna try either hs33 front, or vee front.

If I were to run hs33 for front, I was gonna go for beleay pads, that I already have(used for my rear hs33, but im getting LGMs for the rear.)

Anyway, if I were goin for a vee setup, what setup would I go fo?

And has anyone ever ran both vees and hs33 on the front before? What did you like better?

Im leaning towards maggie, but wanted to know your opinions.

Thanks! :)

Do you have 4-bolt mounts or V mounts on your forks? The magura evo adapters for the V mounts arent too great so you're better off with a V if you have those. If you want a V on 4-bolts then you'll need an adapter to screw in to the 4-bolt mount with a V-brake lug.

I personally prefer a good V on the front, has a nicer feel as a front brake I think and can have awesome bite and hold. I've had maguras and Vs on the front and overall disc has been better than either of them for me, but V better than magura.

A decent V brake can be quite cheap - Avid SD7 lever, SD7 calipers, oddysey linear slic cable, sorted. The shimano XT/XTR levers are also really nice but more expensive.

hs33 has no advantage over front vee.

a vee is:

Lighter

more powerful

easier to adjust

easier to pull

pads last longer

pads are easier to change

can get spares from supermarkets

vee forks don't crack as easily as maggie forks

no cross-overs to break

so yeah, why people still use front maguras is beyond me

though not quite as good as a front mounted vee.

I found that rear mounted vee gave more modulation over front, read that as less bite. Back to using front mount again, does bite harder but still doesnt lack any hold :)

no, due to the way the pads get "sucked" into the rim. with the pads being slightly behind the arms of the brake the pads get pulled into the rim with forwards motion and pushed away from the rim with backwards motion. this is why they don't have that much bite on the rear wheel, but have a ton of hold.

• Like 1

no, due to the way the pads get "sucked" into the rim. with the pads being slightly behind the arms of the brake the pads get pulled into the rim with forwards motion and pushed away from the rim with backwards motion. this is why they don't have that much bite on the rear wheel, but have a ton of hold.

I did not know that. (Y)