Chris Akrigg

J.KYDD

Full story here-

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/chris-akrigg-seriously-injured-30038

Get well soon

Edit: Just read on Pinkbike

Chris was attempting a particularly difficult line, as always, this time down a large cliff drop when he had the accident which has left him with a shattered leg and broken arm. Thankfully Chris was wearing a helmet and his spine was left untouched or things could have been even worse than they already are.

Chris was operated on last night and has had a metal rod inserted through his leg which each of the 4 pieces of bone will be screwed to. His arm was also pinned in the 4 hour surgery. He’s in good spirits this morning but will need all the support of his friends, colleagues and the biking community in general over the next few months to come back strong from this one.

Edited by kyddie

don't be an idiot i was relieved you made me panic for nothing

Panic for nothing? Who's being the idiot now?

Obviously your measure of unjury is far greater than everyone else's but i myself would consider a shattered leg fairly bad - especially for a MTBer. Also the title of this topic reflect that of the original article.....

Panic for nothing? Who's being the idiot now?

Obviously your measure of unjury is far greater than everyone else's but i myself would consider a shattered leg fairly bad - especially for a MTBer. Also the title of this topic reflect that of the original article.....

that happens all the time in downhill that aint trials people get hurt alot ive had a friend in a coma for 2 years THAT is serious this is just really unfortunate but hell live to ride another day

that happens all the time in downhill that aint trials people get hurt alot ive had a friend in a coma for 2 years THAT is serious this is just really unfortunate but hell live to ride another day

Just because these things happen 'all the time' doesn't mean they aren't serious. You need to stop making arguments over nothing, this isn't the first thing on the forum that you have sparked up. I'm only 14 and i can even see that.

On topic, hope Chris will be okay, sounds a nasty crash, lets just hope it wont put him off riding

i didnt start anything i said he was an idiot for assuming i wanted him hurt which was a moronic think to assume! when i hear serious i think life threatening so shoot me! unlike most of you ive actually rode with him and like the guy and know hes gonna be okay! this is about chris stop making it about me if you want arguments go elsewhere or get laid for once stop acting like babies

Edited by LROB87

Whatever dude, however you look at it you're not getting much support. And being so hostile aint winning you any friends.

Perhaps i should have followed up my "sorry to disappoint you" post with a :P in an attempt to stop you from being such an ass

And with regards to the topic title, i was just quoting the title in the actual article.

CALM IT

:P

Edited by kyddie

Broken bones are serious whatever some newbie knob thinks. Chris is a leg-end though so he'll be up and riding again in no time. Could have been worse, but definitely could have been a lot better!

i didnt start anything i said he was an idiot for assuming i wanted him hurt which was a moronic think to assume! when i hear serious i think life threatening so shoot me! unlike most of you ive actually rode with him and like the guy and know hes gonna be okay! this is about chris stop making it about me if you want arguments go elsewhere or get laid for once stop acting like babies

You were clearly threatening him, fairly you were angry but dont deny it! And dont spark things ont opics like this, a shattered leg IS serious!

Get well soon Chris, I've never actually seen your videos/riding but im going to go watch now :)

Cant understand how you havent got a ban yet...

& Get well soon Mr. Akrigg! Shattered leg sounds painful :(

+1 for ban.gotta be a benny to start a row in a thread about someone shattering two limbs. If it happened to you leaving it, I would imagine,hard to walk as 1 you have a smashed leg and 2 not being able to use crutches as one of your arms are smashed as well. Injury can affect the mind as much as the body!

Cant understand how you havent got a ban yet...

& Get well soon Mr. Akrigg! Shattered leg sounds painful :(

+1 for ban.gotta be a benny to start a row in a thread about someone shattering two limbs. If it happened to you leaving it, I would imagine,hard to walk as 1 you have a smashed leg and 2 not being able to use crutches as one of your arms are smashed as well you'd think it was pretty serious. Injury can affect the mind as much as the body!

Edited by murph82