Osama Bin Laden Dead

monkeyseemonkeydo

So the Yanks have apparently raided a compound in Pakistan and killed Osama Bin Laden. Will it make any difference to the continuation of Al Qaeda's operations? will it result in some counter strikes from his supporters? Will there be any questions to be answered on Pakistan's front seeing as it would appear he has been living in a mansion in some major town...

Discuss...

just seen this on the news actually have they confirmed him dead or is it just rumours that they maybe killed someone who looked like him. IMO it will make no difference to al queda or the taliban in the slightest if anything they might fight harder for a while, as for counterstrikes they may do but they have had plenty of chances in the last few years or they might be saving it all up for the 2012 olympics, but having said all that until i see his smiling face on tv with a round through his temple im a little sceptical

edit just seen the news again turns out they might have a body so they might be telling the truth, however david cameron is saying its a massive step forward but all that will happen is some other bloke will step up and take his place so nothing much will change as for pakistan it wasnt even like it was just on the border its near the capital they might have a slightly difficult time explaining why the worlds most wanted man was hiding in a mansion

Edited by stewie87

Is it true they chucked him over board as a burial?

I also heard this and to be honest it won't suprise me if it is true.

I saw a very convincing documentary a while back about him being dead since just a very short time after 9/11 (which he never admitted to being involved in). After being very ill with kidney problems which he need dialysis for.

This wouldn't happen to have anything to do with president Obama's massive drop in popularity would it?

They chucked him over board qucikly after they killed him so there wasnt a place for the people of Al Quida to make a burial site, because this would be a main site for Al Quida to be.

I would use more clever and understanding words but its the morning :)

If I was Osama then I would have pre-recorded videos stating that I was still alive, free and safe. All war is based on deception after all.

I'd probably have already planned out certain attacks with strict instructions to carry them out on my death.

He's a clever bloke, he knew it would come eventually.

Also, to think that the death of Osama will have any effect on Al-Qaeda is ridiculous. They see him as a martyr. They're not afraid to die.

I can see it as a good thing long term (short term i can see it being a bit intense for a while), to his followers he was a leader who masterminded the most famous terrorist attack on American soil, then evaded capture by 'the worlds most powerful nation' for near ten years. He would have been an inspiration. Now he's just a martyr who lasted 5 minutes in a firefight and was dropped at the bottom of the ocean.

They asked Saudi Arabia to take his body first but they refused, and i read on the news somewhere that burial at sea has ties with some Islamic tradition. Worst thing to do after pissing off a terrorist cell by killing their leader is disregarding Islamic practice and piss them off even more.

I've seen a few facebook status' about how its probably a conspiracy, but a) they're not going to just put a photo of a dead man on the news and B) if he died ages ago Al- Qaeda will surely come forward and say as it would be a massive embarrassment which i'm sure America wouldn't have missed out on when formulating any conspiracy.