Tips With Getting Up Here

Topsy

I actually was trying to learn hooks, but i've been trying so long i nearly can pedal up it now.

Would still like to be able to hooks though!

started to try a bit diferently after ~2:40

Or should I best try somewhere where it's a bit higher?

Already tried on pallets.

Hope someone can help :)

(Y)

One can't change the topic title/description, can one?

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

looks to me like you land the back wheel first then front, then just fall back. at 3:06 i think it is, you land both wheels at the same time, as soon as you touch down, throw yourself forward and full on front brake, when rear is up, brake off and push bike forward.

hope this helps.

looks to me like you land the back wheel first then front, then just fall back. at 3:06 i think it is, you land both wheels at the same time, as soon as you touch down, throw yourself forward and full on front brake, when rear is up, brake off and push bike forward.

hope this helps.

Yeh as said it looks like you are leaning back too much just try and land both wheels at the same time the front on top and the rear on the wall whilst leaning forward.

Yay! Thanks! :D Must somehow have had it wrong in my head, because it actually makes sense.. Will try tomorrow as soon as possible :D(Y)

Can, use the full editor.

Thanks!

Hooks = better without using your brakes on the way up.

Guess that will take a while by me.^^ Can't even manage to make myself use only one finger on the front brake. (Strangely enough I've got no problems with using only one on the rear brake..) That means I'd probably have huge difficulties not pulling the lever on the way up..

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

To add to the other replies, make sure your front wheel just makes the top of the wall. If you think about it, if you go too high and come down onto the wall all of your forward momentum is lost. You want to almost pedal gap into the wall, front wheel just landing on top, then immediately throw your weight forward before extending the bike out in front of you.