Guys Wearing Eyeliner.

AlexxRogers

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear eyeliner yourself?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  2. 2. What're your opinions of guys wearing it?

• It's their choice.
    • It makes them look gay.
    • It looks nice on certain people.

The thing with guys wearing eyeliner is the fact that they are so focused on their appearance to the point that they actually want to enhance their looks using cosmetics.

That's what I think when I see a guy all dolled up in the street, how much time he spends in the mirror thinking about his appearance and what others may think about his appearance laugh.gif

Is it a negative thing for a man to think of his appearance? We've come to expect it of women, so why shouldn't men also make an effort to introduce some style in to their lives.

I know a lot of women who work in fashion and are therefore interested in it, and i know when they are looking at other men (in terms of attractiveness) they look at his attire and style. It don't matter how sexy you are if you wear a baggy pear of jeans and a shit, stupid t-shirt, you're going to look shit. There's nothing shallow about taking pride in your apperance, it's an outward projection of your true self, so what you wear reflects who you are. 75% of our communication is non-verbal, a lot of which comes through how we look (like it or not), so why not convey the right message. There's no denying when you've got on your favourite outfit (whatever that may be) you feel different, heightened confidence levels etc which have an impact on how you act, and on how you will be perceived by others.

60 years ago everyone was interested in day to day style and living with class, why has that fallen by the wayside?

To not care about your appearance i think is quite indicative of your character, and many men who say their not interested in fashion, is purely because they don't understand it or are frightened by it.

P.S. I don't consider wearing eyeliner to be the highest form of fashion, it's merely a current trend of which i don't have a particular liking for.

There's major flaw in your statement^^

Fashion is something made up to make money. Equally there are other factors involved which i can't be arsed to explain. In-fact fashion isn't something people are scared of, it's quite the opposite. People are scared to not be fashionable. Fashion equally denies oneself to not be them-self for X-number of people.

Have you guessed, i'm the guy wearing ratty clothes? In turn, on an average wage i own a modern car, electronics and several high spec bikes.

[edit]

and no, 'we' have not come to expect it from women. You people have.

Edited by eskimo

Is it a negative thing for a man to think of his appearance? We've come to expect it of women, so why shouldn't men also make an effort to introduce some style in to their lives.

I know a lot of women who work in fashion and are therefore interested in it, and i know when they are looking at other men (in terms of attractiveness) they look at his attire and style. It don't matter how sexy you are if you wear a baggy pear of jeans and a shit, stupid t-shirt, you're going to look shit. There's nothing shallow about taking pride in your apperance, it's an outward projection of your true self, so what you wear reflects who you are. 75% of our communication is non-verbal, a lot of which comes through how we look (like it or not), so why not convey the right message. There's no denying when you've got on your favourite outfit (whatever that may be) you feel different, heightened confidence levels etc which have an impact on how you act, and on how you will be perceived by others.

60 years ago everyone was interested in day to day style and living with class, why has that fallen by the wayside?

To not care about your appearance i think is quite indicative of your character, and many men who say their not interested in fashion, is purely because they don't understand it or are frightened by it.

P.S. I don't consider wearing eyeliner to be the highest form of fashion, it's merely a current trend of which i don't have a particular liking for.

It isn't expected of men to wear eyeliner, thats the extra step. I agree that there is nothing bad in trying to look good (decent clothes, shave once in a while etc). Eyeliner isn't a step in the average men his methods to look decent, that was my point.

I don't have anything againt it btw, people should do whatever they want to feel good as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

laugh.gif

I KNEW you'd reply, I even said to someone on FB that you'd reply as soon as I wrote it. Was my reply not obviously OTT enough? Did you honestly think that's what I actually think?

If you knew me at all, you'd know it was a total wind up, and I spend most of my time when I'm "out" in one of the metal clubs in Sheffield. A lot of my friends wear eye-liner and have the kind of hair generally associated with emo/scene kids. It was the sort of thing I'd say to any one of them and we'd have a good laugh. Just because it'd typed on the internet doesn't mean I'm not just trying to have a laugh.

Who's narrow-minded and stereotypical now? Straight away you jumped to insulting me, (4 times in one reply, nice), assuming I'm as much of a twat as I make out I have been acting towards you. I've been trying to make a point as to how narrow-minded, opinionated and stereotypical your replies generally are because you never just have a laugh, everything has to be super serious and proven down the last detail.

Feel free to ask anyone on here if I normally act like this much of a twat, admittedly I go over the top a lot, but never as much as I have done towards you recently.

For f**ks sake lighten up a bit, everything on Trials-Forum, (and especially in Chit-Chat,) needs to be read with a pinch of salt and a smile. There are very few outwardly nasty/opinionated/narrow-minded people on here, we're just having a laugh. You're the one who takes everything so seriously all the time.

Lmao, you made it to the top liked content page at the bottom of the homepage with this beauty!!