Guys Wearing Eyeliner.

AlexxRogers

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear eyeliner yourself?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  2. 2. What're your opinions of guys wearing it?

• It's their choice.
    • It makes them look gay.
    • It looks nice on certain people.

Do you shave your legs as well so you can slide into your skinny jeans more easily?

That'd make it worse as the stubble would pull :P

just please dont tell me you wear hench ass leather trench coats and hench boots up to your kneecaps :S

I know you don't get a lot of "outsiders" in the country but stop being such a close minded f**k. It's mostly the Scene kids that wear guyliner atm, goths are sadly a rare sight nowadays.

That'd make it worse as the stubble would pull :P

I know you don't get a lot of "outsiders" in the country but stop being such a close minded f**k. It's mostly the Scene kids that wear guyliner atm, goths are sadly a rare sight nowadays.

scene kids need to p*ss off they go in a pit a prance around like faggots then complain when they get it in the face -.-

One of my mates (female) couldn't put or have eye-liner on, so one day in the back of maths, I had it put on me to show her it wasn't that bad, ended up with blusher, lip gloss and mascara on. Ye the teacher was out... lol

Dad just gave me a funny look as I got into the car! aha!

Must personally no. I wouldn't even if it was the "in" thing. I live in a small town where if you don't fit in you'll soon know about it....

Okay - this was a bad idea.

EDIT:

This is one of the guys who wears eyeliner, I'm not sure how he looks gay.

71138_61794379977_3358759_n.jpg

You what? He looks gay as f**k.

:lol:

I KNEW you'd reply, I even said to someone on FB that you'd reply as soon as I wrote it. Was my reply not obviously OTT enough? Did you honestly think that's what I actually think?

If you knew me at all, you'd know it was a total wind up, and I spend most of my time when I'm "out" in one of the metal clubs in Sheffield. A lot of my friends wear eye-liner and have the kind of hair generally associated with emo/scene kids. It was the sort of thing I'd say to any one of them and we'd have a good laugh. Just because it'd typed on the internet doesn't mean I'm not just trying to have a laugh.

Who's narrow-minded and stereotypical now? Straight away you jumped to insulting me, (4 times in one reply, nice), assuming I'm as much of a twat as I make out I have been acting towards you. I've been trying to make a point as to how narrow-minded, opinionated and stereotypical your replies generally are because you never just have a laugh, everything has to be super serious and proven down the last detail.

Feel free to ask anyone on here if I normally act like this much of a twat, admittedly I go over the top a lot, but never as much as I have done towards you recently.

For f**ks sake lighten up a bit, everything on Trials-Forum, (and especially in Chit-Chat,) needs to be read with a pinch of salt and a smile. There are very few outwardly nasty/opinionated/narrow-minded people on here, we're just having a laugh. You're the one who takes everything so seriously all the time.

Hmmmmm, this made me chuckle, please refer to the 'Whose the fittest/sexiest guy on the forum' thread for an explanation. (or something like that)

Tomturd reading *scatter!*

Now that made me proper laugh.

I dont give a f**k either way, if blokes wanna wear it then fine. I think it's funny that blokes these days are falling for the marketing shite. It opens a whole 100% more potential market.

Like moisturiser:

Women: Fights the seven signs of ageing

Men: Fights the seven signs of fatigue

So it fights 14 things? or seven and they are the same? It's all hype and bollox to sell stuff to mugs.

There's a difference between "scene" and goth now? Who knew?

I would have liked to have had 2 votes for the second question because obviously it is their choice and yeah there's nothing wrong with it if that's what you're into aaaand I'm sure some girls love it.

I still think it looks f**king gay though AND if certain girls love guys in eyeliner then that's probably the type of girl that eyeliner dude is into, so that's great. I don't want a scene chick girlfriend though, I've sorta grown out of that.

At no point is it going to be cool for your kids to look back at a photo album with their dad looking like a queen. Grow a f*****g beard and man up.

Also this ^^

There seems to be a certain dwindling of proper men with style these days (watch 'There Will Be Blood' for an example of man at his best) which i think eyeliner isn't helping.

The main character from 'There Will be Blood" was a sociopath...

Anyway, individuals with a problem toward eyeliner on men are simply, blindly, following the implicit and explicit forms of archaic conditioning that say what a gender should be. The thing is, we're no longer in a situation where men have to be really 'masculine' to survive; we don't have to be aggressors or protectors, and therefore revolve ourselves entirely around activities which deny sensitivity or 'feminine' quality, because all of our basic needs have been met. This actually means we can begin to cultivate our own approaches to living aside from those imperative roles that used to exist. That can include an interest in appearance although it can mean a multitude of other things that weren't previously persmissable. For myself, it means the chance to understand things like the nature of love, compassion and so on that didn't really have a place in a hunter/defender/provider's repitoire.

Ultimately it's a good thing that people feel able to break the previous and now unnecessary moulds of behaviour.

guys with eyeliner = gaaay.

yeh i listen to music like parkway drive and stuff like that but god no if i had eyeliner on when i go to a local gig i would get murdered in a pit

scene kids need to p*ss off they go in a pit a prance around like faggots then complain when they get it in the face -.-

You're such a fanny. Your 15 and being a total wanker. STFU!!!!

*Oh, and this needs to be 'taken lightly'

Isn't it you who's the faggot if you're giving it to them on their face?

[insert NSFW gay cumshot here]

• Like 1

How does the matter of him being an apparent sociopath have any sort of relevance to his style?

I was merely making a point, that for me - that's the look i like. There is elements of tailoring, yet it's not overly smart or pompous - proper working man/touch guy threads. Hair was cut real good, and if you didn't have a mustache you were a no one. I'm just saying i like that characters style. A fictional characters behavior isn't particularly relevant when talking about his style.

Also if a sociopath is someone who has a lack of remorse, or guilt, or has no conscience, the i think you're very wrong in your evaluation. He hates most of the world, but that doesn't mean he has no conscience. Have you met people? Can you blame him? I identify with that character a lot.

Do you think it was ever not permissible to give real thought to the nature of love, regardless of how traditionally masculine the person may have been? I think it's driving force behind life and affection has and will always been seeked out in others. I also believe to a certain extent that it's not something that should be understood, as i'd never want to reduce what is a bizarre phenomenon down to a set of rules and guidelines as to how and why it happens.

Edited by Matthew62

funny topic actually

I know my girlfriend loves it

she had tried to put eyeliner on me for years

I didn't want to cause I didn't want to look like a women

I did it once though(at home), and she was crazy about it

it's not that gay actually

depends mostly on how it will looks on your face

but yeah I guess most of the time you ll just look like a men with make up :D

edit: I have to say my girlfriend isn't at all into girly look for man

she's more about manly look, you know, big muscles, short hair, strong face etc

so I guess, it's not the gay look she was after