World Record Practice Sessions, 3Sixty

Drummond

Heya,

Here's a small edit of our World Record practice sessions, hope you like....

We'll be doing 2 of our attempts on August 13th at the Urban Games and Hip Hop event, Whitley Bay.... On the 14th we are hosting a pro invitational trials comp too with Burton, Carthy, Oakley, Hyland, Porter and many more all competing for cash prizes... well worth a visit...

The final attempt, the highest vertical drop, will take place at the Glendale show, Wooler, Northumberland on August 29th... Why not come along and see me hurt myself : )

Drummond

ps: All quoted heights and stats are from the official Guinness guidelines, if you feel they aren't correct then please post a link or some form of evidence for us to check out!!

• Like 1

The 360 drop onto a platform seems very difficult! How many tries will you get?

I assume the surface you will drop on won't be grass aswell, which would make it a bit more difficult than your training. Dropping to concrete is alot harsher.

ive seen someone do over 5m drop

i think it was a spanish rider on a 20" bike

imo it was an official record attempt but I could be wrong

mods are gay they shouldn't count lol

right next to a police station no less bloody vandals! :giggle:

Edited by old'scoolfool

The 360 drop onto a platform seems very difficult! How many tries will you get?

I assume the surface you will drop on won't be grass aswell, which would make it a bit more difficult than your training. Dropping to concrete is alot harsher.

Yeah we'll be landing on grass on the day, it's a tricky drop which twists the old back muscles so even though I'm allowed as many attempts as I like my back will give in after around 5 goes... Fingers crossed eh : )

No way that looks and sounds so fun, why does it have to be so far up country (N)

Because the event hiring us is based in Newcastle.... Which is on a national rail route and has a mega bus drop off station.... No excuses y'all !

Quality mate, good luck with it. That drop at the end looks insane, you drop the front wheel so low, looks awesome in slo-mo.

Cheers dude, glad you like it : )

ive seen someone do over 5m drop

i think it was a spanish rider on a 20" bike

imo it was an official record attempt but I could be wrong

Well aren't you a lucky sausage! Guinness tell us that the official record is 4m, I'm happy to drop from between 4 and 4.5 any higher is really gonna hurt!

mods are gay they shouldn't count lol

right next to a police station no less bloody vandals! :giggle:

Why don't I know who you are mate? I thought I knew every trials rider in Houghton!!

So why? DO you win some money if you do???

We are getting paid whether we make it or not.... But I think every trials rider out there would like to lay claim to a world record or 2, it'll certainly be a career highlight for me...

Please get some new forks, bars, stem, pedals, cranks and bb before attempting to break these records. I'd hate to see the consequences if something snaps.

Ha, yeah I'm a little worried about the state of my steed at the mo, snapped my forks the same day that we filmed this vid.... Tarty order was sent in yesterday, all will be right in due time....

Ha, have you seen this?

Ben.

Ha, nice vid mate... You have to ride at least 3 meters once landed, plus the mat can only be 2cm thick...... I guess he's just celebrating the fact that he survived....

when you say you are getting paid, do you mean Guinness pays you or you are getting paid for putting on shows at the event?

Guinness don't pay anyone... To get a guy from Guinness to come and adjudicate attempts costs £5000 plus travel.... And if you want info from them but aren't willing to wait 6 weeks it'll cost you over £400.... They have a cushy little business model eh!

Ha, nice vid mate... You have to ride at least 3 meters once landed, plus the mat can only be 2cm thick...... I guess he's just celebrating the fact that he survived....

Guinness don't pay anyone... To get a guy from Guinness to come and adjudicate attempts costs £5000 plus travel.... And if you want info from them but aren't willing to wait 6 weeks it'll cost you over £400.... They have a cushy little business model eh!

5K! Gosh wheres he coming from?

Good luck with it all, they all seem like pretty easy records to break so I would'nt worry to much.

5K! Gosh wheres he coming from?

Good luck with it all, they all seem like pretty easy records to break so I would'nt worry to much.

Ha, cheers ben... Yeah they are kind of easy records so as long as the weathers ok we aren't worried..... the hard bit is finding time to practice when we are so busy doing events and prepping for Sunday's comp.... the vid in this thread literally shows every single practice drop we have done so far...

You should get yourself up here for the sunday mate, it's gonna be an awesome comp...