Htc Wildfire 6 Problems

Simpson

Got a HTC wildfire 6 weeks ago, just e-mailed vodafone explaining my angst with this shite phone.

"To whom it may concern;

I recently "upgraded" my phone on a new 2 year contract for a HTC wildfire but I am very very dissapointed with the phone as the list of problems I keep having with it are longer than my arm.

- The battery life is shocking less that a day normally

- The mobile network turns its self off every 2 hours and I have to turn my phone on / off again to get it to work.

- It trys to save everything to its internal memory despite me putting a 8gb memory card in it, so i have to keep deleting photo's and moving app's across manually which is a right pain.

- The touch screen text lags very often and it very annoying.

I really cannot express how unreliable this phone is. What can you at Vodafone to help me? Because there is no way I can keep this phone for another 6 weeks let alone 2 years.

Thankyou

Michael Simpson"

Do I stand a chance in hell of getting a different phone?

Oh right, I dunno what's budget or not, just assumed with it being a contract phone he would get the choice of one for free. I got this one on contract, I'm pretty sure I could have chosen this other phone and no doubt works the same way for him. But alas I don't know, just assuming.

Well yea its like a £25 a month contract, problem is I get all my money working in summer (which of course I spunk that) and then have to live off my loan from then on.

But I expect the phone to of least function day to day, if its made to support aps and stuff then it should be able to handle them.

Battery life is the norm for that phone. Mines the same, doesnt last a day.

the saving apps to internal memory is also normal. And a royal pain if you have a small internal memory :(

network thing sounds dodgy though, have you tried updating the software as the current one might be buggy like mine is now.

Turn the mobile internet and wifi off to get more out of your battery. I get about 12-14 hours on my phone when I have them on, and I can get a good 48 if I leave them off and just use it for calls and texts. I don't have the same phone, but it seems to make a huge difference.

If i wanted to use my phone for calls, texts and had a good battery life I would buy a 3210

• Like 2

Then maybe you shouldn't be so surprised that it's not lasting as long? Modern phones have pretty poor battery life compared to older models, but other than sticking in a different battery there's not a lot you can do about it other than not making the phone drain it so fast all the time. Dude was only giving a bit of advice.

Yea well I know that turning off stuff means the battery drains slower, I'm also using an after market app which switches stuff off when its not being used which is supposed to improve the battery life by 50% but any phone should be designed to last a day off of its own battery.

The dropping signal is the only fault that sounds like it might be a genuine hardware problem. Push that and dependant on their policies, Vodafone might be able to swap it out for a new one.

Alternatively, you could try sticking the phone to GSM (2G) network only. It'll slow your data speeds (although it can quickly be set back to dual mode/3G) but will drastically improve your battery life + signal if you're connected to a 3G network most of the time - although battery life tends to be ~a day unfortunately.

Another thing you can try would be to restore the phone. That should eliminate any room for software bugs that may be causing your faults.

Ok cheers dude will try that (Y)

On my HTC I have a bar that lets me turn Wi-Fi/Mobile internet on and off at the touch of a button, so if I'm busy or whatever I just turn them off so they're not draining. I didn't mean don't use them altogether.

Stuff on my phone is always shutting its-self mid use anyway so its not too much of an issue :)lol

You could try a free app called juice defender. Basically it turns on and off features every X minutes (eg, turn wifi off from 11pm to 7am). I didn't have much luck with it but its worth a try.

Yea wouldn't really work with my sleeping pattens lol but thanks for le suggestion