Proposal To Tf

Lokoxx

Hi everyone,

To simplify things at the time of planning a ride in a determined location of England, I think the forum could create a new section dedicated exclusively to this idea:

Due to the success of this idea on the Spanish Forum, I think it would be great to do the same here. I don´t know if there is here a similar system (if so, sorry for this).

The idea: To create a list of cities of England, and include bellow each city every rider who lives there.

Why? : Many riders travell across the UK due to family matters, holidays, or studies. (I include here myself, as I want to travel to England from Spain for some days when possible). Therefore, instead of creating a new post as "Riders in Bristol?" (for example), the rider who is travelling could enter the list, and see a huge list of riders bellow the city he aims to go. This really simplifies things when meeting people to ride with.

Example:

City 1

-(Nickname)-(facebook, msn or mobile phone-optional)

Collaboration of many riders would be needed, but when finished, this proyect will benefit many many riders each year. The outstanding results this idea has caused in the Spanish Forum made me try to make the same here.

As the list increases, other countries could also be included, for English riders who aim to travel abroad to Spain for University or holiday (for example).

This could even result in a nice rider exchange proyect, to visit new countries.

If this idea already exists, please notify me, I just try to make an even better forum. If someone does not understand clearly my idea, I´m sorry, because I´m Spanish and maybe i´ve explained myself badly or no clearly enough.

Keep it up!!!

Edited by Lokoxx
  • Like 7

Sounds like a good idea, but say I wanted to ride London.. I'd get a list of hundreds of people that ride London, and I'd have to text/Fb each person individually? seeing as most won't be available that time/date anyway, it seems a bit more effort than posting a cheeky thread on the Member Organised Rides thread..

Sounds like a good idea, but say I wanted to ride London.. I'd get a list of hundreds of people that ride London, and I'd have to text/Fb each person individually? seeing as most won't be available that time/date anyway, it seems a bit more effort than posting a cheeky thread on the Member Organised Rides thread..

I see where you´re trying to get, and I dont disagree with you. You can still post a thread for meeting riders at London, but at first, you can have an idea of how many riders are available at that city, and this is very important when for example someone can travel to different cities but wants a city in which he can ride with as many people as possible. In addition, you have completely omitted the fact that in reality, there are only a small number of riders who visit the riding threads every week, but they probably visit their facebook, hotmail or PM inbox everyday.

In conclusion, why not having an additional tool which makes meeting riders easier, and allows riders to see where other riders live and are available to ride?

It will give the forum an extra-organisation in riders matters.

We could install something like this: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/

My only concerns are that it doesnt seem like a good idea to basically list your address on a public website (as well as the members who will claim to live in antartica or somewhere).

Could you do something more subtle? Like adding a "County" option in the advanced search window?

If you could just Advanced Search > Members > [Leave name and content fields empty] > Specify area, and all users claiming to be from that area pop up on a list.

Kinda like you can now then? :P

Really? Where?

I wanted to do so last week, and couldn't see the option, and I still can't :mellow:

Though I'm viewing in V4. Maybe it got removed and your watching through oldschool eyes? :P

Weird though - I'm positive you used to be able to.

We could install something like this: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/

My only concerns are that it doesnt seem like a good idea to basically list your address on a public website (as well as the members who will claim to live in antartica or somewhere).

You could do something like.. take london for example, you could just say north, E, S, W, or central london if you get me?

Really? Where?

I wanted to do so last week, and couldn't see the option, and I still can't :mellow:

Though I'm viewing in V4. Maybe it got removed and your watching through oldschool eyes? :P

Weird though - I'm positive you used to be able to.

I've been on V4 since before it was an option for you, so let's rule that one out :P

Pretty much exactly as you said though, go to the Members List, hit Advanced Search and about halfway down select your county (Y)

searchbycounty.png

think its a good idea, illustration below is prity much same as what you said just added riding places to it as thort would be good idea to add riding place so when other riders coming to your city know good riding spots to ride

city- bournemouth

rider- marc w

msn- marc85858585@hotmail.co.uk

fb- http://www.facebook.com/MR.M.WRIGHT

area rider rides- bournemouth gardens,bournemouth beach,sandbanks,bournemouth uni

i have an idea, instead of facebook you could create a button which is called:'organise a ride in this area' for different cities which sends a pm to everyone within a 15 mile radius or people who have signed up to that city's ride. This would hide peoples personal addresses ^_^

On the whole its a great idea :lol:

Come on, of course the UK is not only England, I was just showing examples with London... don´t be so susceptibles...

The thing of the "security" of showing your address is not a problem: the only "address" shown is the city you live at.

The members map proyect is a much more complicated proyect, but it also could be done in future. For now, I think an acceptable and reasonable goal is to

create the list and set the thread as a sticky thread. This could lead to future "riders exchange", which basically saves the costs of the hotel for a UK rider

who wants to ride at Spain (For example).

Please take this seriously, the efficiency of this is up to all you guys, I have no problem in helping setting the base of the system to admins(please contact me).

It seems like a great idea to everyone, but the thread is becoming old and people forgets about it.

Without the help of the Admins of TF nothing could be do. The process is simple: create a thread, and each rider who is interested in this, type in his name and city and MSN or Facebook.

In a few months, the list will be very large and helpful, but it seems Admins do not pay attention to this proposal.

but it seems Admins do not pay attention to this proposal.

alright.. chill.

I did reply, see up the thread a bit. If you want to make a new thread for riders to put their locations in, go for it (Y)

Yeah true, but can we please dismiss Wales from the equation? Its just Englands tumour.

:lol:

I'll happily replace the TF logo with a welsh flag, some leeks and a picture of Tom Jones, don't push me! :P

• Like 1