3Mobile.

bike_dummie

I've not had an experience with them for about 3 or 4 years now, but they were utter dog shit back then.

My advice is go Orange, their deals are generally okay, and if you are related to someone who works for the Government (So in a school, hospital, fireman, whatever) you get 25% off your contract.

I was with 3 about 4 years ago, and whilst I didn't ever have any major issues with signal and their deals/speeds were great, their customer service was appalling. Any time I had an issue (of which I had several as they kept sending me dud phones) they were the most useless bunch of retards I've ever had the displeasure of coming across. Purely because of that, I wouldn't go back to them again.

Orange is gash for signal. Despite even hooking up with T-mobile.

o2 are brilliant signal wise.

could be area dependant though, but ooop north it's shite.

Exact opposite here, with Orange/T-Mobile being all I can get out at home.

I was using 3Mobile about 2 years ago when I lived out in the countryside and switched over to O2 within a month. I very often had no signal and when I did it was only ever when my phone was in the pantry or I was stood at the very back of the garden. I always managed to pick up an ok-ish signal when at the far end of the field next door...

Location dependent! I used to be on O2 on my iphone 3G, signal was great in most places, 3G would almost cease to exist in my house in portmsouth but normal signal was still fine. Then switched to 3 when I got my iphone 4, 3G signal was great in my house in portsmouth and so was the normal signal but in my house in southampton the 3G doesn't exist completely, even when I'm out of the house and about 300 meters away the signal would die completely and says no service on my phone.

I'm pretty sure there's a network coverage map somewhere.

£513 altogether for 2 years!

That's actually pretty decent when you consider my sister will pay £1200 for her iPhone4 at the end of her contract :(

But obviously it still is alot of money - spesh for a phone. Considered a galaxy S ? the prequel

What I did was pay for the phone straight off £280 it was at the time. Then what i would have done is buy a GiffGaff sim card where you top up £10 a month and you get unlimited texts, unlim internet and around 250 free mins. It's not a contract either so you can not pay whenever you don't want to.

I would have done that but fortunately my sister pays for my contract.

Think contracts are pretty gash to be honest, tied down for so long...

Edited by dann2707

Gonna defiantly look into that giffgaff thing. But can any one recommend me a decent phone i could bag on ebay for around £150 mark? Not bothered about windows or android.

Been looking at the omnia 7 and xperia play are these any good?

Edited by bike_dummie

That's actually pretty decent when you consider my sister will pay £1200 for her iPhone4 at the end of her contract :(

Geez, what contract is she on with 3? In 24 months time I won't have paid more that £1000 tops for my iphone 4 and that's including the £3-£4 I go over each month but not everymonth, and my contract is £35 a month. The £1000 is including the £69 handset price when I first got the contract!

Just remember that T-Mobile and 3 share network infrastructure under a group called MBNL. So if T-Mobile signal is good then so should 3. There are plenty of coverage maps around using real data and it would be sensible to look on OFCOM's website or for signal coverage.

Orange and T-Mobile is only a 2G signal share so download speed can be limited if using the internet on mobile broadband. Obviously due to the above contracts and creation of MBNL means that it will be complicated to share T-Mobiles 3 G network.

All this is available on the operators website's and there are coverage checkers available on their own websites.