To All The People Who Record In Hd

Otacon

Hey guys, some guys sent me some HD clips so i can have ago at editing some trials stuff, anyone know of any good render settings for sony vegas ? Whats the fps on HD video cameras ? Also do they record in 1280x720 or 1920x1080 ?

I only have render settings for HD Call of duty clips, but the frame rate is 60fps and the there 1280x720 and i dont think its the same for HD video cameras.

Any help would be great.

HD is the resolution, remember - smooth motion (to the human eye) only needs to be 24+. It's when you want to warp it and do slo-mo stuff that filming with a higher FPS will make any difference

Exactly, i was planning on using twixtor in after affects and stuff, but at 24fps, i think ill leave it out, will look awful :P

Euro standard is 25fps progressive or 50 interlaced frames fields per second. Second one gives much smoother motion but you need to remove interlacing and convert it to 50p to retain smoothness else any motion in the video will have lines on the edges. Or you can convert it to 25p which will seem more rough. Your camera will record interlaced video unless it's stated on the camera that it captures progressive video.

US standard is 24fps progressive or 60fps interlaced fields.

Edited by Greetings

That would be weird, I couldn't accept that unless you found proof to back it up :P

Seems you're right. I've been living a lie for 5 years. It's probably JT!'s fault, he's American now.

absolutely no point in interlaced video anymore on the internets.

I beg to differ, interlaced is so much smoother. Unless you're talking about cameras which capture 50p/60p rather than 50i/60i. My camera does 25p or 50i, I've never used the 25p for sports because it sucks donkey arse.

• Like 1

It's probably JT!'s fault, he's American now.

Only for 3 years though, there's a 2 year deficit.

If the human eye can only detect 24fps, then why do tv's (here anyway) come in 60htz or 120htz?

I think it's 16 fps for your eye to register something as moving instead of seperate frames, but yeah, faster = smoother, until a point where you'd never notice.

TVs are a different story. I think the hertz of a TV actually has/had more to do with the electricity than your eyes.

I think it's 16 fps for your eye to register something as moving instead of seperate frames, but yeah, faster = smoother, until a point where you'd never notice.

TVs are a different story. I think the hertz of a TV actually has/had more to do with the electricity than your eyes.

From my memory its over 18fps before you don't recognize it. That's why a lot of the really old footage you see looks funny, because they recorded 18fps.

But then again you could have 75fps but a slow shutter speed and it will look jumpy.