Wall Ride To Flat Drop...street Trial

Pistone

That's harsch man, you're gonna go for it again ?

I don't know..maybe

Thats a freaking scairy line! Maybe one for the future, wall ride to the other wall?

Yeah..i thinked the line that you say... but the top is not very tall..you can beat the head easily :/

Get profile cranks with a solid titanium spindle. Great riding and your cranks suck if they break doing that. Bike parts are meant to be ridden on, if they break they suck simple as that. i hate the whole your "misusing it" argument. I had one set of isis bb and snapped in 180ing a small 6 set. Isis sucks. Been using my solid ti/profiles for 4 years and counting.

Edited by sayshell

Get profile cranks with a solid titanium spindle. Great riding and your cranks suck if they break doing that. Bike parts are meant to be ridden on, if they break they suck simple as that. i hate the whole your "misusing it" argument. I had one set of isis bb and snapped in 180ing a small 6 set. Isis sucks. Been using my solid ti/profiles for 4 years and counting.

Can you link me a peg with a titanium model?

Can you link me a peg with a titanium model?

hmmm you have 2 options really.

Hollow steel

solid Ti

their is 2 more options but they are bad ideas...

Hollow ti will snap

solid steel is way to heavy

the hollow steel is about 40 grams heavier as i remember.. but a lot cheaper and really easy to buy than the solid ti. The solid titanium is about equal in strength and a bit lighter but really hard to find as profile stopped making them and they are much more expensive. If you are set on the solid ti spindle I will help you find a link to one, but otherwise I can easily link you to the hollow steel.

the only other possible problem is your gearing. What size gear do you run in the front, and do you run a front freewheel? You can get profile cranks in basically any length and then just add spacers and stuff so your cranks feel exactly the same. Its well worth it you will never have to replace berings or tighten bolts or any of that crap ever again you just forget about your cranks completely. In 4 years I have tightened the side bolts maybe twice and that's it.

Edited by sayshell

hmmm you have 2 options really.

Hollow steel

solid Ti

their is 2 more options but they are bad ideas...

Hollow ti will snap

solid steel is way to heavy

the hollow steel is about 40 grams heavier as i remember.. but a lot cheaper and really easy to buy than the solid ti. The solid titanium is about equal in strength and a bit lighter but really hard to find as profile stopped making them and they are much more expensive. If you are set on the solid ti spindle I will help you find a link to one, but otherwise I can easily link you to the hollow steel.

the only other possible problem is your gearing. What size gear do you run in the front, and do you run a front freewheel? You can get profile cranks in basically any length and then just add spacers and stuff so your cranks feel exactly the same. Its well worth it you will never have to replace berings or tighten bolts or any of that crap ever again you just forget about your cranks completely. In 4 years I have tightened the side bolts maybe twice and that's it.

Thanx for suggest

I've seen enough broken sets of Odyssey Wombolt and Twombolt cranks to never even possibly consider buying them. The fact they're hyping the Thunderbolt cranks as much as they are (and talking about how they're much stronger than the Twombolts, and have a much higher consistency and quality) suggests that Odyssey don't have much faith in them either.

Anyways, I saw a still of that wallride on Facebook and was pretty intrigued - nice one for giving it a go!

garret reynolds (spelling)? uses profiles which is the main reason I trust them. If he doesn't break them no one will break them in a million years. A lot of their other products break but their cranks are made well.

Saints are good but I think they weigh more than profiles and cost the same. Mine were 300$ new which is 150gbp and if u want to save a ton of money just use the hollow steel, its not that much heavier. Don't quote me on that though, I ran saints 4 years ago, their design may be a lot lighter now. All I am going to say is avoid using an isis bb whether that be freeride or bmx cranks. Danny mac runs freeride cranks and they work great too.

Edited by sayshell

it was my impression that hollow axles are lexx likely to snap, but more likely to bend, a bit like older square taper bbs, the hollow ones were considered the ones to get as they didn't snap as much. Also don't hollow trees cope better in storms?

Or Vice-versa