Spinning Classes

kaybs41282

depends, they are full of women...that could lead to potential dates/alcohol consumption...leading onto that comfortable feeling whilst with a gf - which could in turn lead to further weight gain

saying that, the excitment and full w**k bank that could result could provoke further wrist exercise which is handy for your riding and calorie burning

in short its just another class based exercise, no better or worse than others for loosing weight. much cheaper/more effective and 'trials productive' ways are out there

*edit - btw, youre a guy and definately shouldnt be looking at your weight, it means very little whilst assessing your fitness/body. muscle weighing more than fat means that it is possible to stay the same, or even gain weight whilst getting smaller after exercise

Edited by chris4stars
  • Like 1

Tbf you can burn over 1000 calories in an hour but you'd really have to rinse it, not much other form of training can give you those results! in such a short space of time. and my gyms spin classes are rammed with totty. no fat all fit.

This. They're probably one of the best ways to burn fat, plus there's loads of fit birds normally. But expect to be dominated at the end and sweating to shit. So none of those fit birds will be interested :P

Went to this and thoroughly enjoyed it... No fat middle aged women in sight just a room full of roadie types (mostly men). Race Day/Advanced class was definitely a good choice, it kicked my arse but I feel awesome now.... Going again Wednesday and would recommend if to anyone that is shy of bad weather.

Edited by kaybs41282

Join a local cycling club then!

Since I got involved with a local club I have been out riding loads more than I ever used to. Recently some of the rides have been in shitty horrible conditions where previously I would have stayed at home.

I now have the option of 2-3 organised road/mtb rides each week, I have met loads of new like minded people and have got much fitter!

... and get my head kicked in lol

Just throwing ideas around. I've never been to spinning classes before so it would be difficult to compare but I did take up MA 1,5 years ago and gained a lot overall strength, speed and stamina. If you start in a beginners group you're not going to get your head kicked in either. I'd strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to "fix their body up" if you catch my drift.