Awesome Video

Lokoxx

You and I clearly have a very different definition of awesome laugh.gif I'd go more with, screwed up, disturbing, infuriating, but not awesome. In the words of Akala, "truly educated men could never be racist".

By which I mean, she's a moron who needs a slap, and I feel sorry for her kid, who will be screwed when she inevitably gets locked up/assaulted, or worse, manages to avoid both and bring them up to be equally stupid.

The irony of her saying that the foreigners are ruining the country is absolutely priceless. That shabby b'tch almost makes me ashamed to be British.

That was my exact reaction also. The bit I hate the most is where she says, "my Britain is f**k all any more". Firstly I don't see how she feels she has ownership of it purely because she was poppped out here, and secondly how exactly is she improving it, or making it anything worth being proud of?

For the sake of balance, it's worth putting a counter point out there - and this is in no way a racist rant:

I don't condone how this Emma West put her point across, nor the fact she chose to put it across while clearly off her face in the care of a child. But whether she's high/drunk/whatever she is clearly letting something out about the fact she has an issue that bothers her, and it clearly eats her up enough that she was stupid/brave enough to do voice it in a setting that most people wouldn't pick up the phone to their mum.

As far as I'm aware from only watching the video once, she doesn't actually use a racially insulting term (n****r, p**i, etc) at any point. I don't agree that she should be blanketing an entire tram to 'go back to their own country' because obviously people of all colours live in this country and are British, but I think she's basically over simplifying an issue which I share with her: the immigration policy in this country stinks, and has done for years.

I personally think (or maybe just hope) that Emma was in a situation where the straw broke the camels back. Having just moved out of the area this video was shot in, it's easy to get a skewed view on how the whole country is. In Croydon, New Addington and the surrounding areas, you can walk an entire high street without hearing the English language and it can get frustrating because CERTAIN PEOPLE aren't immersing themselves in the culture that they have been accepted by. Moving just 20 miles south makes me realise this clearly isn't the case in the whole country, and no individual creed, age, sex is ruining this country. We're all skullf**king it together (Y)

It's also worth bearing in mind that we have no idea what happened before that video started...

I'm not condoning Emma or saying I agree with that video, I just think it's far too easy for people to jump on the obvious point without looking at the whole picture.

Edited by JD™

Having just moved out of the area this video was shot in, it's easy to get a skewed view on how the whole country is. In Croydon, New Addington and the surrounding areas, you can walk an entire high street without hearing the English language and it can get frustrating because CERTAIN PEOPLE aren't immersing themselves in the culture that they have been accepted by. Moving just 20 miles south makes me realise this clearly isn't the case in the whole country, and no individual creed, age, sex is ruining this country.

Agreed, this is along the lines of what I was gonna say.

Basically, unless you've had to live near and / or deal with some of the people she is addressing, you don't know shit.