Starting Tials At 64

The Mechanic

You're Tom's (FNG) granddad arent you? It's Mikey, I sold you the Zhi frame :)

I'd say go for it! I know you're around riders a lot due to taking Tom out riding so you might as well try join in :P

That's right Mikey I thought if I am following them around why not ride as well, don't think I will be doing huge gaps or anything just having fun as well thats what its all about anyway. ( Great Frame by The way )

Wow, I thought I was old to be getting back into it at thirty. Fair play to you. Good to hear about a family getting into riding together. Like you said though, it's worth taking it easy to start with. I know from skating, my body doesn't bounce back from inuries like it used to and you've got 34 years on me. Be worth the odd bump though I'm sure.

Tom's Grandad!

Good to have you on here matey, we've met a few times over the past year or so - i'm Matt, ride that black and green Leeson and tell Tom he needs a 24" :P

Never too old, there was a guy in America around your age (maybe even older?) Who started up on a Heatsink 24UK! Need any help, drop me a message or ask on here, i'll do my best to help you out.

Don't see why not. If you're physically fit for it and it's something you think you will enjoy, then go for it! Good Luck.

This exactly!!

I while ago i posted a video of someone who was 70 something and was riding, take the sport up, the only thing i would say is keep an eye on your wrists because trials can put alot of strain on them.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, names John by the way so if you see an old guy on a trials bike with a beard then say hi. Not so worried about my wrists more my backside I expect I will end up on that a few times. I have seen the video of the 70 year old I am a youngster compared to him. I did ride motorbike trials a good many years ago but this is very different.

A fair way to go before a video that would interest anyone, but I suspect someone will take some shots of me struggling along. Still its lousy weather might get to ride over the weekend don't know yet. All the support is encouraging don't expect great things though but watch this space you never know I may even get up on the back wheel.

A fair way to go before a video that would interest anyone, but I suspect someone will take some shots of me struggling along. Still its lousy weather might get to ride over the weekend don't know yet. All the support is encouraging don't expect great things though but watch this space you never know I may even get up on the back wheel.

Don't worry, you can count on me!

I'm sure with Tom pushing you you won't have any rest until you're riding a comp! haha

James

Don't worry, you can count on me!

I'm sure with Tom pushing you you won't have any rest until you're riding a comp! haha

James

I would have guessed you would be the one hiding behind a tree taking pics. A comp is a long way off but I would not mind really they are great fun no matter what standard you are.

I would have guessed you would be the one hiding behind a tree taking pics. A comp is a long way off but I would not mind really they are great fun no matter what standard you are.

You make me sound so suspicious John!

Do it man, I am hoping to get the comps done next year too! :)

James