Football..

Joe Papasnap Maher

Didn't see Johnny Evans' own goal or United's third, but Luiz's goal definitely came off Ferdinand, was going straight to De Gea otherwise. Torres' ball was absolutely perfect though. The stand out moment of the game was Giggs' ball to Hernandez (I think? Shit stream) was almost perfect.

Cisse's (Newcastle one) goal was awesome. Great first premiership goal.

Yea, proof that you can shag around, be past it,and be welsh, and still be shit hot at football,if i had a wife, id let him shag her.

Havent seen any of the other goals from the day yet, got MOTD2 on sky +'d though(as well as ski sunday, and six nations games from today, thats my tv up till wednesday sorted)

Not meaning to sound like a retard, but aren't you just better off at your (our) age focusing on the core parts of the game? When I play with people I prefer someone to keeps his head above his knees and just plays a simple effective passing game over someone who stares at the ball with his head down trying tricks haha. For trick keepy ups and stuff just watch youtube vids then go practice simple!

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I would ever use any of it in a game, it's more a little bit of alternate training, my positioning to keep the ball in the air, my touch etc. Just something a bit different to the usual stuff. Although saying that, I may try a rainbow to rabona goal. That would be insane.

Ok well I've made this lil joke vid of something you can try, its not great I just got out of bed its in my 6 foot by 6 foot gravel garden but you can get the idea, nice lil double flick the 2nd one wasn't spot on but get over it :P haha it looks cool and is quite nice to supprise people in kick ups just a lil different. Almost got dicappitated by the drying line as well lol

ok it should flip and rotate in a bit lol

Edited by Simpson

Haha, that was awesome, I had my feet a little bit wrong, I had one way more behind the other, like almost pushing the ball into my heel, rolling it onto my heel and trying to flick it up, no idea where I'd got that from. I've been practising in my birds communal uni kitchen, much to the dismay of her flat mates, so hard with a ceiling, sofa, coffee table etc to worry about. Standing at one side of the kitchen and knocking a magazine out of my birds hands was great though lol.

Yea the only reason I would flick using my heel is if I'm doing the trick at pace to try to beat someone, its really a different technique, since you can see in the vid im standing still so when I jump with the ball I aim to flick it "up" not "out". At pace you want to put the ball over and in front of you, but you really need to do that when theres a bit more space (ie not in your missis kitchen haha). If its a nice day tomorow ill be going over the astro to have a kick about so may ask my mate to film some basics if you want me to? Oh and also be careful knocked my laptop screen out of place the other day when I was practising diving headers lol.

Got this one trick that I've made up which ill post sometime :P

Edited by Simpson

I was doing kick ups in my bird's room, straight into a mug of tea, she wasn't impressed, I've hit my laptop a few times as well. If you can get a vid of like, steps to learn, that'd be awesome. Just like the basic stuff that I should be able to do but probably can't :P I've been looking at you tube, but most of the vids are ridiculous levels of skill, or just pro freestylers.

Right ok heres some real basics, some which you can (hopefully) do without smashing too much shit up haha. The 1st 3 sets are just letting the ball pop off your foot and then re-catching it on your foot. The 2nd set of 3 I use my knee to force the ball down onto the ground and then re-catch it on my foot. I think this is an essential skill as it helps you to control the ball in a match when its falling from a good height. Think of it this way if you can keep the ball balanced on your foot when it falls from 2 foot, you need can use this same sort of "cushioning" controlled touch when the ball falls from 18 foot. Pull your foot down as you feel the ball touch it and control it.

again it should flip round ina bit.

Edited by Simpson

Haha, awesome, proper in awe of that control, I can roll the ball back and get it on my foot maybe for a second. Are you pulling your foot up to hold it between your shin and foot, sort of trapping it, or is the ball just on your foot and you move to keep it there? I need to practice with my left foot, but I really can't get the hang of it, it feels so awkward still, ugh, just want it to clear up so I can go outside and have some more room.

Yea literally try to get your big toe to touch your shin and the ball literally "fits" there, you can practice it by sitting down and putting the ball in with your hands, because you are sitting down your totally balanced and should get the feel of it quicker. Like I mean the main thing to look at in that video is my left leg, you can see the whole time it static and balances the right leg.

I cant do left footed crosses so instead I mastered the thing where you swing your right leg behind your left, can get over half a pitch kicking like that haha

If redknapp goes i dont think tottenham have got much chance of holding onto bale/modric/parker (good for me as a gooner)

Redknapp for England!!

I disagree with that, because whoever takes over..will take the job because of them good players, and they also wouldnt want them to leave..

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as this thread is here now, I'm shit at skill/freestyle, anyone got any suggestions on building from the ground up? If it's just practice that's cool, but I'm just wondering if there's like drills I can practice to give me a better touch/better control, that's what I'm looking for more than anything.

Anyone see the Arsenal game? Wenger shouldn't have taken off that Chamberlain guy, he was on 2 goals at about 60 mins, should have definitely kept him on to see if he could get his hattrick, pretty lame. Van Persie being his usual beastly self. And a female linesman!!! What's everyone's take on them? I have no problem with women playing any part in a game as long as they are the best person for the job, but I have friends who think they have no place in the male game, which I think is retarded.

Get a ball, I find that cheap plastic balls are the funnest :L and go out side, garden/road and just stand still and see what you can do with it and just watch videos and try and learn from it. If your really up for it I have a dvd you can have which gives you tutorials on freestyle, pay p+p and I'll send it to you?

Get a ball, I find that cheap plastic balls are the funnest :L and go out side, garden/road and just stand still and see what you can do with it and just watch videos and try and learn from it. If your really up for it I have a dvd you can have which gives you tutorials on freestyle, pay p+p and I'll send it to you?

Thanks for the offer but I just watch vids on you tube on my phone, plenty accessible.

I'm using just normal balls, but I'm thinking of getting a size 3 or maybe using a tennis ball to improve my touch a bit. But I'm definitely getting there.

Anyone see the Chelsea game? What were they thinking. Arsenal getting crushed by Milan was pretty funny too, Boateng is going to be a great of the future.

Cardiff deserved the win. Another shit performance by Liverpool. With a bit more composure and Cardiff would have had them on penners.

Either team deserved to win, out of 10 pens, 4 of them were out-and-out misses.... in all my life of penalty taking I have never missed the target and its not my job to play football. My mind literally boggles.

Thought the 2 cardiff misses were posts? Regardless, Liverpool should be beating a championship team all day long. Cardiff played well to stay in it, could have won at some point but I've forgotten lol. Was a great game for a neutral though.

Hitting the post is an out-and out miss.... doesn't matter if you hit the post or put it out the stadium. If you work the keeper and he saves it, then fair play on the keeper, but if you miss then SHAME ON YOU. Even Gerrards, shit penalty, perfect height for a keeper to save but still - he hit it hard and the keeper worked hard to get it on the bar so fair doo's he could have done better but he got the target.

For me I do a slow run up because the keeper has to pick a side before you hit the ball to stand a chance of saving it.

Fake left keeper expect right footed people to shoot across their bodies.

Aim 2 foot inside the post - always give yourself some leeway.

Side-foot it as hard as you can make sure you keep it glued to the floor.

If any keeper picks the right side and can get that low without giving his hand away on my run-up then fair play he deserves to save it. But don't miss, even if you hit it at 80% instead of 100 DON'T MISS.

• 1 month later...