Football..

Joe Papasnap Maher

So, im sure most of you think football is a sport for girls who run around kicking a leather sack of air , who fall over like the've been shot. Well Yes, it pretty much it is..but some people like football..

Like me.

Who do people support??

Predictions for the season??

Any lad banter welcome, but if your going to chat shit about footballers get paid to much ( they do..there is no denying ) then please take you jibber jabber somewhere else.

YID ARMY!!

'Cos football's shite. Actually, that's unfair. The game itself doesn't have to be shite but the supporters who seem to somehow feel they are part of the team annoy me. 'We did really well at the weekend', 'we really need to be playing better'. f**k off do you- you're sitting eating pizza and drinking beer shouting at the TV! I just don't get it. And don't get me started on the pathetic rivalry's that go on.

Take F1. Say I like to see Button win. I support Jenson and McLaren. I don't consider myself part of the team, don't feel the need to go out and find someone with a Vettel or Red Bull shirt on and glass him.

P.S. The players are crybabies who fall over like they've been shot and are paid far too much money for kicking an inflated pigs bladder about. It's not even like the teams have any money in the first place to pay them the money. Un-frickin-believable.

• Like 10

I don't think footballers get paid too much. Supply and demand. I've got a bigger problem with alcohol and tobacco companies making money the way they do. But it's rare people complain about that.

Anyway, I don't really support anyone I just enjoy any football at any level. I reckon City have got it this season, but United could pull it back possibly depends how badly City do during the reasonably easy next few games they've got. Was hoping to see a few more interesting signings in the transfer window but it was pretty shit.

La Liga has been interesting this season, Villareal down near relegation, Madrid 7 points clear of Barca. Can't wait to see if Barca can pull it back.

I think La Liga and the Prem are looking pretty similar (the Prem not quite as extreme as La Liga), 2 teams clear at the top, then a few close, then the stragglers.

Balotelli is probably my favourite player to watch at the moment, just always expecting him to do something special.

I think Aguero and Silva are 2 of the best players in the Prem right now, next season they'll be unreal, as will City in general.

I'll leave it at that now, but I can talk football for hours lol.

Balotelli is probably my favourite player to watch at the moment, just always expecting him to do something special.

Agreed you have literally no idea whats going on in his head, last full City game I watched he had 3 arguments with Toure about who was going to take a 40 yard free kick, Balotelli won everytime and put it into the back row of the crowd everytime! haha he walked into Manchester Universitys Library the other day and payed off everyones fines! haha lad! and at christmas walked round the town centre dressed as Santa handing out 50 pound notes! Such a character now always a good one! but never dull!

I don't think footballers get paid too much. Supply and demand.

But all the clubs are massively in debt. They get paid far too much for the club's income to support and that must tell you something! I wouldn't mind if they ever did something good with their money (talking charities etc.) but all they seem to do is support their awfully shallow WAGS and waste money on shiny things.

Moving away from the whole money debate (which i agree on), I support Sheffield Wednesday, always have and this year it has got really interesting in league 1. I mean take a look at the top of the table, there's still arguably 5 teams running for automatic promotion. I reckon if they don't get a top two spot (which they should) then they should easily win the play-offs cause they've always done well in big games. Makes for a very interesting end of season :)

Please note use of they instead of we to keep Dave happy :P

I don't really follow football enough, but I've always supported Arsenal as my extended family all grew up around Highbury so I spent quite a lot of time there as a kid. Clearly another season without anything to smile about, but it's good to get to a couple of games a year - the Emirates is just an immense place to be.

Been watching a fair bit of the African Cup of Nations as well, just in highlights but there's been some pretty good games there too.

Love football.

Used to play for my local team. Not being big headed... I was class ;) gave up due to smoking which I regret (N) I do want to take it up again though.

I wouldn't say I support a team but if any it'd be United :D But I occasionally go and watch Plymouth Argyle play, mainly on the derby matches ;)

Predictions for United: Not going to do amazingly, due to City

Predictions for Argyle: ...:mellow:

edit: and I f*cking LOVE the world cup when it's on :D

Edited by Sprog!

Not being big headed... I was class ;) gave up due to smoking which I regret

Not being funny but if you really were that good smoking wouldn't have mattered that much, if you love the game you will play no matter what. I took a year out after I ruptured my spleen but got back into it and I still smoke.... I'm not as good as I used to be but I still look forwards to playing every Sunday. Some top prem players smoke... well Ashley Cole does... if you call him a top player.

'Footballers get paid to much' is just about the oldest waste of space argument in existence.

Ballotelli's a hero haha, just seems like he can do what the f**k he likes so he'll take advantage which I guess is kind of childish, but it's entertainment at the end of the day. I'm pretty sure the bib thing was playing to the cameras and if so, he's a comedy genius.

I'm a Liverpool fan. Still a pretty weak team by our standards but it's getting there, if we scrape 4th this season I'll be a very happy man. I go to the odd Watford game as well just because I grew up around there so I've always got a soft spot for them. I really wanna play 11 a side again, but all the teams round here seem to play on saturday morning which just isn't gonna happen right now, think I'll get back into the rhythm of it after uni.

'Footballers get paid to much' is just about the oldest waste of space argument in existence.

How so? It's not even like football's a difficult thing to do. I imagine if any coordinated kid stuck at it rather than getting an education and getting a proper job they could become a successful professional football player. It only requires practice, fitness and a bit of luck to be 'spotted'. Lets face it, it's not even like there are only a few positions available to play the game (again thinking F1 where you need to be one of the 22/24 best drivers in the world to stand a chance) as there must be literally thousands of overpaid players out there thinking they're god. I honestly can't see why the clubs should pay out anywhere near the obscene amounts they do when a popular and successful pro player will make nearly as much purely through sponsorship. I simply don't get it!

I imagine if any coordinated kid stuck at it rather than getting an education and getting a proper job they could become a successful professional football player. It only requires practice, fitness and a bit of luck to be 'spotted'. Lets face it, it's not even like there are only a few positions available to play the game

I usually agree with you Dave but you really couldn't be further from the truth, I know loads of people who went through grass roots academies, didn't do well at school because they were always bunking to play football and none of them came near the grade. One of them I used to play 6 a side with when he was out of contract for Ipswitch and there were 4 of us all who played 2 or 3 times a week all tried to tackle him at once and he always came out with the ball. He was literally on a whole different level but never made it. It may look simple but you simply wouldn't stand a chance.

I usually agree with you Dave but you really couldn't be further from the truth, I know loads of people who went through grass roots academies, didn't do well at school because they were always bunking to play football and none of them came near the grade. One of them I used to play 6 a side with when he was out of contract for Ipswitch and there were 4 of us all who played 2 or 3 times a week all tried to tackle him at once and he always came out with the ball. He was literally on a whole different level but never made it. It may look simple but you simply wouldn't stand a chance.

Fair enough.

Did I hear you say Yid Army? Football Thugs Jailed

"Albion’s match that day did not even involve Tottenham Hotspur.

Brighton and Hove Albion were playing Aberdeen in a pre-season friendly. The Scottish side’s fans had arranged for Tottenham Hotspur followers to come to the city in their stead.

The clubs’ supporters have a “reciprocal agreement” under which Aberdeen is supported if it plays in southern England, out of range of its own fanbase."

Are people like this really supporters?