Bloody Weegie Nicked My Bike!

RossMcd

Right guys!

Just got my bike back and wanted to get back into it. In glasgow this weekend and took the bike. Had it locked outside the Charring Cross Train Station for about a couple of hours. The Scumbag snipped the lock and took it with him. It has been reported to the police. And it has been spotted on CCTV as the bike was in perfect view of a camera.

The bike is an echo urban 24", Resprayed purple with a white pinstripe down the top tube and seat stays. with Echo urban black forks.

Onza bar and stem,

Echo TR white rims with sparkly rim tape.

the front hub is Echo TR and the Rear hub is a chris King classic.

Trialtech crankset.

Gusset white pedals.

it has a gusset seat aswell.

The bike is very unique and easy to spot.

This is the best way of showing you guys what it looks like as i dont have photos. Video footage only.

Please guys i really want this back! Its such a lovely bike and i only just got it back too :(

Im in glasgow till sunday so if anyone tracks it down give me a shout please!

Oh no, didn't want to hear that, it used to be my bike/frame and I was the one that painted it. I really regretted selling it :/

It's worth noting that these frames come with 4 bolt and disc mounts but the 4 bolt mounts were removed from this frame, makes it unique a bit more (Y)

Will deffo keep an eye out for you down this end (Y)

Edit: found a picture for you, shows what the frame is like etc...

30052010342.jpg

Edited by Duncy H

Ill post it up on a few of the local Glasgow bike forums for you if you like? What sort of lock had you used to lock it? In no way am i saying someone has the right to nick your bike no matter where it is locked but that is probably one of the worst areas you could of locked a bike in Glasgow.

p,s, do you know for a fact it was a "weegie" who nicked it or is that just a presumption because it was in Glasgow?

Edited by jambo

Oh no, didn't want to hear that, it used to be my bike/frame and I was the one that painted it. I really regretted selling it :/

It's worth noting that these frames come with 4 bolt and disc mounts but the 4 bolt mounts were removed from this frame, makes it unique a bit more (Y)

Will deffo keep an eye out for you down this end (Y)

Edit: found a picture for you, shows what the frame is like etc...

%7Boption%7D

Thanks for uploading that picture! The police now have it and it has helped in their investigation :)

p,s, do you know for a fact it was a "weegie" who nicked it or is that just a presumption because it was in Glasgow?

Absolutely raging about this! The police let me watch the CCTV footage. The lock was cut off in under 5 seconds and they were away!! Police are trying to identify the thief and bring the bike back. If all goes well and the man is identified, I will be soo happy! Because they are clamping down on bike thefts in glasgow. And the punishment is becoming quite harsh!

Thanks for uploading that picture! The police now have it and it has helped in their investigation :)

Absolutely raging about this! The police let me watch the CCTV footage. The lock was cut off in under 5 seconds and they were away!! Police are trying to identify the thief and bring the bike back. If all goes well and the man is identified, I will be soo happy! Because they are clamping down on bike thefts in glasgow. And the punishment is becoming quite harsh!

So glad you're going to get that back :) this thread definitely makes me glad I never take my bike somewhere I'll have to lock it up. Always ride in groups or stick it in the car (Y)

JD, I think he means the police have the picture now?

Ross, you highlighted the part where James mentions the presumptions. Is that what you're raging about? If your bike was stolen in Pakistan would you be labelling your topic "Some Paki stole my bike"?...tut tut.