Is This Disc Okay To Use When Grinding A Rim

Laurence--Trials

I saw it somewhere on here that a guy used a Diamond cutting disc for grinding that looked like your's, he said that it would hold grinds forever and just is the best disc... Just can't remeber the topic. Try it on a old wheel, see if it works :)

• Like 1

I'm sure you could you that disc, but you are really trying to 'grind' the rim not cut it!

It would only cut it if you were silly enough to grind your rim holding the grinder at 90 degrees :')

It just turns out like a normal grind, but better

tech%20trial%20rear.jpg

These discs are better. ;)

Seriously though, I've heard of people using those types of disc before and they sound pretty good! I used to use pretty thin metal cutting discs with my Magura, and they did the job well too.

• Like 2

Ooh f**k laurence if you really dont know what your doing ill come round and teach you, problem with that disc is that it has cutouts and i you catch it on the side of the rim it may cut a chunk out your rim, or the grinder may jump out your hand if your not holding it tight enough. Just wait till next weekend and ill show you...

• Like 1

or the grinder may jump out your hand if your not holding it tight enough.

haha, nice way of scaring him!

Dude, that diamond disc will be fine, infact they're the best discs really. I use one (with cutouts) you can get diamond tile cutters without the cut outs, but they're more blunt.

And grinding really isn't hard, just need practice! only grind in one direction (don't go over your grind backwards) take your time and be gentle. use a shallow angle too!

i think pretty much any disc would work if done properly by someone who has experience with angle grinders.

as you have absoloutly no idea how to use one laurence i recommend starting off with a normal metal cutting disc & wear goggles.

as dan2707 has alraidy said.. if it goes wrong its gonna be really unpleasant.

• Like 1