The Car Thread

MadManMike

I've worked out the BM is doing 27MPG being driven like a grandma; not cool. So to make up for this I kicked the f**k out of the clutch and went for some sideways fun. Now I have a scuff down my side skirt :/

My 323 did 18mpg, so rather than drive it harder, I sold it :P

• Like 1

Not all LCR's had 20mm wrist pins, I think all AMK's came with 20mm pins and I've never heard otherwise but there is lots of talk on forums or people stripping down BAM's and them having 19mm pins; rumors started from APY's I believe when APY rods were used in BAM's. Also, Seamons go and compression test your engine. I bet it is lower than Prawns AGU and a BAM

Stop trying to so hard prove people wrong mate, you're using snippets of second hand information from various sources and trying to string them together to come up with a conclusion that is entirely made up.

The LCR came with the AMK and BAM engines, both of which had 20mm pins. The APY you speak about came in the early 8L S3's, and also had 20mm pins.

APY, AMK, and BAM engines all had a CR of 9:1, compared to 9.5:1 on the AGU, AUM, and AUQ and other ko3 engines.

If you spent 5 minutes thinking about the subject, and not of ways to show people up, you'd realise that a compression test shows you absolutely nothing about the compression ratio of an engine, so well done on validating your almighty bank of knowledge there.

Everybody raves about the BAM engine for some utterly stupid reasons, when infact it's no different to the others.

You might have failled to notice, but over the last few weeks I've stuck up for you and suggested people stop having a go quite so often, but if you're going to be a cock and try (miserably) to make out that I'm wrong as well, then what's the point?

YOU Mr Prawn are wrong, I know every ounce of you will hate it; but you are.

Not all LCR's had 20mm wrist pins, I think all AMK's came with 20mm pins and I've never heard otherwise but there is lots of talk on forums or people stripping down BAM's and them having 19mm pins; rumors started from APY's I believe when APY rods were used in BAM's. Also, Seamons go and compression test your engine. I bet it is lower than Prawns AGU and a BAM. The wheel bearings may well be the same dimensions but Seat keep two different part numbers for them (presumably because they changed suppliers) and people do give a flying f**k about the other things otherwise people like me who have no interest at all in Seats would know about it.

Nick's engine was never even questioned. I know they are lower compression, but the BAM and AMK are exactly the same in that respect. There are LOADS of differences between the AGU and the AMK...what's your point?!

"From ETOS and ETKA the block and piston set for AMK :06A 103 101 J and for the BAM : 06A 103 101 J, conrod for AMK : 027 198 401 B, conrod for BAM : 027 198 401 B. So if they are different, nobody told SEAT Parts". Part numbers don't lie!

Wheel bearings are the same, just different manufacturer; the driveshaft or hub didn't change, so they must be physically the same..

Seriously...STOP trying to argue over something you have less knowledge about. You've been shot down and proven wrong several times so far, do you really want to carry on and make yourself look even more of a tool?!

I hate you both :(

You have both got your information from exactly the same place as me. There are plenty of stories of parts bin cars just like Georges, and there are also plenty of stories of late BAM engines with 19mm pins. All I am arguing is that people say there are late BAM engines with 19mm pins. You guys are the bluring the argument and being dicks about other things that are irrelevant.

So you can hardly shoot me for believing the numerous reputable sources of information that are out there, go google it yourselves and you will see how easy it is to get confused over it.

I thought I knew a lot of the things I said and cross checked them mainly against this thread on SCN. I know it is a forum full of retards but I assumed they would at least know as much about their own cars as the guys on ASN do.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115851&highlight=amk+bam+difference

Edited by Pashley26

If its "so easy to get confused over it", why are you so insistent on argueing about something you have no idea about.

Because it makes sense to me.

There are literally 100's of posts saying that late BAM's had 19mm pins; the ETKA block and rod set for a BAM being 20mm pins means nothing to VAG as you know.That just means if you re-ordered factory you would get 20mm.

Prawn says it isn't true so fair enough, but there is so much talk of it on various forums and build threads that as I say, how can you ever know.

Also George, you forgot about the red band steering wheel and stone guards for the front brakes that 225's had :P

Edited by Pashley26

lol, whatevs Spunky. Yours is a right parts shop Friday car, ripe for some 19mm wrist pin rumors. They've gotten every other bit of spec wrong, I insist you strip it immediatly.

I feel an agree to disagree on two unprovable "factz" and a topic change.

-

Anybody seen the new Focus ST?

Car thread update from me - Got the Leon serviced yesterday, it feels so much smoother to drive, this makes me happy.

Enough about how it drives, what diameter are the wrist pins?! Actually, what the f**k is a wrist pin? Surely y'all mean gudgeon pin?

Anybody seen the new Focus ST?

Don't like it. But then I was never overly keen on the previous one either.

• Like 1

I do mean gudegeon pin, but VAG refer to them as wrist pins, and that's what they are listed as on EKAT for some reason.

The new ST estate looks sick as, I never liked the old one too much but my missus mentioned the other day maybe looking at an ST3 as her next car. God knows why.

I never liked the front end.

Ford-Focus_ST_2006_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

This is the estate -

st_estate_630x468.jpg

fordfocusst_estate_1.jpg

Edited by Pashley26

Woah, woah, WOAH! If anything, this car is the most chavvy of them all, lol. Its the loudest, the biggest wheeled, lowest, and fastest. And the one I've spent the most money modifying haha.

...but thanks for the compliment! Did you get the spark plugs changed too? That's always made a difference on any petrol car I've serviced.

I don't really class it as chavvy though, it was fast before the mods, it's not just some shit car with large wheels and a loud exhaust :lol:

Not sure exactly what work was done yet, will find out when I get the invoice through the post. They said it was just a boring service with no problems and would be no more than £120 so it's likely to be just be oil and filters that I could have done myself if I could be arsed to do it and had some way of getting the car off the road. It's also nice to have given the car to a garage that I trust and get another stamp in the service history :)

Sorry this isn't a post about the diameter of some pin or another, but yeah - Bernard's in for test tomorrow morning.

Made an exhaust tuesday; 4" pipe, one real bend in it, no silencers and i can hold the exit in one hand and the manifold end in the other... it's a bit short. Tractors r us.

396143_10150946191042511_882002407_n.jpg

• Like 4