The Car Thread

MadManMike

Jardo in "being wrong" shocker!!!

Aside from that, I serviced mine yesterday. Had full Seat service history, but the fuel filter hadn't been changed in a while! Feels much smoother now.

I also dropped the sump and changed the oil pick up pipe, although I needn't have bothered, despite having done 90k, it was VERY clean, but for the sake of the £8 it cost for the part and an hour of my time, it was well worth the peace of mind!

Just got spark plugs to change now, going to go for 7's instead of 6's, apparently over 250bhp it is beneificial. Going to go for copper plugs instead of platinum/iridium too; they cool better (but need changing more often). But best of all, they are only £2 each, so if they are no better, its no biggy!

You guys are right, I'm such a douchebag!

I'd also like to just say that you lot were right all along, my BMW is shit; its a crap colour, and has a horrible interior, I really wish it had more power too :(

To make up for the lack of power I had to fit the BBS wheels (which, by the way, you guys were right - they weren't worth anywhere near as much as £800, my bad!). I really wish I had just kept the 172 instead of wasting money on the grandad wagon!

After some research, it seems Prawn is right, the wheel IS a fake (how stupid do I feel now?!), maybe I should learn to be less of a keyboard warrior next time!

• Like 3

Jardo was that really you? Or was it Nick in using your account?... Nought wrong with a Grandad wagon, i've got the biggest heaviest beast of a grandad wagon and it's beyond under powered (only the 2 litre 6 pot). But strangely enough i love it. How much would i have to persuade you (financially) to give the paint a good going over? It's scratched up to f**k and got about 11 years of London smog engrained into the paint :(

Ah right, not too far then! I like midgets, something about them! I'm not so keen for the Commer though, my days of getting covered in shit and driving for miles to get home are numbered I'm afraid! :P I'll happily watch though haha, or wire relays and stuff up :)

Is it ok to come Wednesday? At least then I can make something of the trip, if not its a long round trip! Might see if zaks about too, then I can show him my car.

What's the pro's and con's between high and low comp pistons?

I am guessing high comp pistons give higher compression :P

Which I don't think you'll want with a remapped, everything else standard, turbo engine...

If you are just getting a remap, don't bother changing any of the 'physical' parts of the engine - unless you plan on trying to squeeze loads and loads of power out of it in the future.

Midgets for rick, he really likes them! Anything to get the douche driving...

Pussyo for not wanting to get greasy, that's the fun part! Wiring is a little way away yet :( and I have rather a lot of electrical plans that I may have to go over with you, ever played with an arduino before? :P

Few pictures from yesterday's stanceworks meet pinched from various Facebooks...

217878_4019651882050_1470314543_n.jpg

388168_10150991437478517_1553689204_n.jpg

IMG-8559-1.jpg

Went down well, looks rediculously high in the front shot, damn parked on a hill

Incur, there fantastic cars. Mines the 1.9tdi 105bhp and I love it.

Personally I'd go for a remapped 1.9 over the 2.0tdis, there full of problems whereas the 1.9s are bullet proof. The dsg boxes arent too hot either from reviews, but I suppose you can't believe all you read. The 2.0tdi engines suffer from oil pump failure, injector failure and camshaft failure due to inferior materials... The 1.9s are a proven reliable motor and pretty basic really.

I've been in a 1.9 remapped to 140 witha decat an good panel filter an it went really well, felt like such a good cruiser. Remapping mine has crossed my mind but I'm already at 155k so im gonna stick at standard.

The load area is huge, the comforts out of this world and they look fantastic IMO. Really good cars, if there's anything specific you wanna know shout up.

• Like 2

Midgets for rick, he really likes them! Anything to get the douche driving...

Pussyo for not wanting to get greasy, that's the fun part! Wiring is a little way away yet :( and I have rather a lot of electrical plans that I may have to go over with you, ever played with an arduino before? :P

Heard of, and seen...but not actually had any experience with!

And lol, thats a COOL first car!

It's a programmable board, got a series of analogue and digital inputs/outputs. You can hook them up to the obd port and get read outs on an lcd screen (although possibly too much effort vs bluetooth obd+torque on a phone). I want to use it to allow me to build a climate control system for the commer (hidden as much as possible) its possible without it but it'll be far better having the chip controlling it.