Hs33 24" Forks

siontyrex

hi guys

i want new forks as i think my echo sl will break soon.

i prefer forks with curved blades and has to have hs33 mounts

what forks wil be strong and longlasting?

and what do you for instance think about the because 24" forks?

thanks,

sion

I'd say the Rockman Spade or Bonz forks are your best option. Although both are a bit of an unknown entity strength wise. I would say the Rockman's are a more proven product being that they're the same as their 26" forks with lower mounts, however the 26" forks (the earlier ones at least) weren't known for being all that long lasting. I really like the look of the Bonz forks, they look really nice and the steerer tube graphics are a nice touch, however i've been apprehensive about buying some as they're a completely unknown entity to me, i have no idea and haven't seen any reviews or recommendations about Bonz products. So no good or bad, just an unknown.

I'm running a set of Echo control 4 bolt forks and have been for the last 3 months and they're holding up fine. I like the extra bit of flex you get, seems to help when tapping etc. But they're straight blade so aren't exactly what you're looking for.

What Mark said. Personally I'd go for the Bonz fork. They're stiff, you don't really need a booster on top of that unless you're super fussy. Also a stiff plate welded to the forks can cause them to crack, just like most 4bolt forks break around the brake mounts eventually. Whether this is a possible weak spot with Rockmans I don't know.

The plate can only be a good thing?

Larger weld contact, less flex = Lower chance of them cracking?

Every 4 bolt fork will crack eventually.

Take Try-All's "Forxx" fork + the spade fork.

Ive seen two sets crack from new in around 4 months.

The guy running them changed them out for the Spade 26" fork around 8 months ago now and theyre still not cracked. Likes his moves to front too, and hooks.

• 4 weeks later...