Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

Pffffft Windows app. I can't run that shit! :lol:

Mac`s guide for hard drives:

As mac contains Special Apple Components ®, your components will last forever, no need of monitoring your hardware. If it fails, then you must buy a new computer.

or just search the Apple marketplace, and buy this program for just £9.99!

Yes, we are aware it is a free and small programme in Windows. but hey, you have the apple logo!

If you have it for work, then I feel sorry for you, that you must use that

Not everyone uses the same stuff you do ;)

Plus, there's the geekiness of it. Personally I wouldn't run Linux for fun anymore, only on this new server because it's the logical choice, but it's definitely a way of learning more about how computers work and also about solving problems in general.

After 5 years of use, and dying on me every hour, and once changed the header as well, I think it is the time to get a new mouse

Which one would you get? I am looking for a quality one, but not too extreme, or overly expensive, as for me they would be useless, or not comfortable at everyday tasks.

Hey guys, I'm back again.

A month or so ago I bought a Fractal Design R4 case from a recommendation from someone in here. Along with that I also bought a Corsair H60 water cooler to replace my Gelid Tranquillo CPU fan as I had wanted to try water cooling for some time.

It was running absolutely perfect (getting idle temps of roughly 27° - 30°) and anywhere between 40° - 50° when gaming and such until about 4 days ago, I'm now getting idle temps anywhere between 58° - 70° and while gaming (just Minecraft) it was getting up to 90°.

Nothing had changed in the set up, The system, fans and radiator are completely dust free (cleared them with compressed air),all the cables are managed neatly and its in a nicely ventilated area. The only thing that I can think of is the fact I just stuck with the pre-applied thermal paste on the cooler instead of opting for a decent brand? Could this have anything to do with why i'm suddenly getting huge temperatures a month down the line?

Anyone else get any other suggestions?
If it helps its an -7-2600k and its not overclocked.

Thanks

Anyone got any ideas on getting my CPU cooler? 60° idle temp isn't really ideal :P only goes up about 5° when gaming though, but can reach 70° when rendering :/

I did change something to do with q-fan speed in the bios which has made it a bit better but still not ideal. I only have a cheapo sharkoon case so would changing that help it out? to something with sidefans?

Anyone got any ideas on getting my CPU cooler? 60° idle temp isn't really ideal :P only goes up about 5° when gaming though, but can reach 70° when rendering :/

I did change something to do with q-fan speed in the bios which has made it a bit better but still not ideal. I only have a cheapo sharkoon case so would changing that help it out? to something with sidefans?

"I like reasonable solutions":http://www.dabs.com/products/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo---4-heatpipe--tower-cpu-cooler-8K32.html?q=evo%20212&src=16

"I actually like style": http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-025-XG or black for £35 on amazon.co.uk

"Size does matter to me": http://www.dabs.com/products/zalman-cnps14x-high-performance-dual-heatsink-cpu-cooler-9070.html?q=cnps14x&src=16

"I want to have watercooling as the cool kids have, but I do not have the money nor the knowledge to build a custom system":http://www.dabs.com/products/msi-dragon-liquid-cpu-cooler-9BLM.html?refs=4294946085&src=3

why do you support that card? it should be perfect without the support, the only place I have seen where they used a support was at special edition 7990, which is basically a 2Kg card....

I didn't do it for support ( you can see the card is bending upwards :wink2: ) The stock fan it had on it did one too many spins and started to sound like a jet. so instinctively i cut it out.

Me being the 1337 tgs bodger that I am. I ripped out a hench old fan from a mac tower thing, cut up a broken Ipod charger and used the working usb end to make the fan run off usb. I ran a few tests at max load with my highest overclock and the heatsink burned my finger and it started to smell like fire.

Next I went about finding a way to dissipate the heat over a larger area. Went through a few methods and ended up with that work of art. An old bash guard rubber, a stack of 2p's with a bit of card on top and taped together then a heatsink I got out of an old amp. (heatsink grid running parallel to the motherboard). Made a new fascinating discovery that this didn't do all too much and the legit heatsink was still burning me. I put an ally snailcam where the fan would go. this is enough to pass on the heat through the heatsink from the amp. the fan then keeps the air moving and everything is dandy.

Hold on to your fedoras boys..

JpL1xLa.jpg

it even keeps cool when I maximum underclock it and put everything on power saving with turning the usb fan off :blues:

Edited by ItsMatt

Any recommendations on Nvidia cards around the £70-120 range?

Will be doing editing / rendering, gaming and possibly coin mining if I can be bothered.

Would I correct in thinking Nividia would be the best choice for these things?

Specs:
i5 2320 @3.0Ghz
6gb ram
305W pcu (just noticed how poor that is oh my, that needs to change)
1.5T hdd
8gb ssd
-Ati Radeon 3450 (stunning i know)-

Thanks lads x

• Like 1

Will be doing editing / rendering, gaming and possibly coin mining if I can be bothered.

Specs:

i5 2320 @3.0Ghz

6gb ram

1.5T hdd

8gb ssd

Thanks lads x

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-206-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914

Or you could get the ti one for a bit more: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-202-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2392

Here is a comparison of the two

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-202-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2392

And reference for you matt, a comparison against my graphics card. As you know roughly what settings I play games on. (compared against the TITANIUM EUGHHH)

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-660-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-260

Edited by DrStix

Specs:

i5 2320 @3.0Ghz

6gb ram

1.5T hdd

8gb ssd

Thanks lads x

Your best option would be GTX 750 Ti, as it does not require more than 60W, they have a 6 pin power connector but they do not tend to draw power from there, and this card is pretty quick compared 60W