Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

I don't really use the wifi, it's happening with wired devices. I have my ip webcam hooked up to it and looking back over what was recorded it captures about 5% of the time, not saying that this is a 95% of the time problem, I think with the webcam it doesn't get triggered to activate after the cuts. For me using the internet I hardly ever notice the cuts, they must be short enough to not even d/c skype and things like that. However I notice them when gaming as it'll kick me right out of some games.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmm. Have you eliminated things? Like the second router, plugging the computer directly into the powerline adapter?

Oh I didn't noticed you replied.

So I disconnected the webcam and set it up wirelessly and it hasn't had any issues. Sometimes the internet will get a little screwy at my pc. But I'm not sure what is actually Win 10 issues and what isn't. Quite router reset solves the problem.

But it is for sure a second router problem. Under any other layout I don't have the issue.

I'm losing my mind with these routers.

So I read that you can have two routers with the same ssid so you don't have to have two separate wireless points to choose from. I read if you make them identical, same password, ssid etc (only keeping the channels different) you can make it one.

So I got ahead and do it. Factory reset the secondary router. Takes me an hour to access it after the reset for no conceivable reason. And when I do the wizard won't run because there's nothing plugged into the internet port (because I have it in the lan not the wan port).

Soo...... I try set it up manually, realize I don't know what I'm doing so I switch it over to the wan port and let the router set its self up which fails.

Factory reset again, run it with it in the wan port, it changes the ip address to 10.0.0.1 so that it doesn't "match the same IP as my ISP" once it's all finished up I set up the wireless with identical settings and then switch the cable from wan to lan.

My phone has 1 bar 3 inches away from the router, so something hasn't worked.

Go back to look at the settings for the two routers to make sure 100% they're identical now I can't even access the router at 10.0.0.1 and cmd ipconfig tells me my defatut gateway is 192.168.1.1... which is the other router.

So now I can't even access it! :angry:

It's so much fun. The headroom for big redstone machines is daft now.

It's public unfortunately, just for me! Most people think it's daft running a server at home for just me to play on, but for me that's part of the fun. Combines gaming, servers, linux and now overclocking/watercooling. :)

• Like 1

So my sound card is picking up interference which seems only to be caused by gaming. Literally I can atl tab out of a game and it goes away.

Got told by a friend that it sounds like I had a lawnmower going on in the background.

I can turn off mic boost, however unless I have my mic inside my mouth people can't hear me. It even makes the noise with the mic unplugged.

Any ideas?

So my sound card is picking up interference which seems only to be caused by gaming. Literally I can atl tab out of a game and it goes away.

Got told by a friend that it sounds like I had a lawnmower going on in the background.

I can turn off mic boost, however unless I have my mic inside my mouth people can't hear me. It even makes the noise with the mic unplugged.

Any ideas?

Have you got a highish end GPU?

My guess would be bad current on the PCI lanes caused by high draw from the PSU.

Either ditch the sound card (they really are pointless these days for anyone who isn't a proper audio fag), or try a different PSU?

OK so, another question. I have a cheap Chinese no brand webcam with no code or numbers on it. I can't for the life of me find drivers for it. Is there any route I could take to get this thing working?

eSecure-USB-8MP-8-LED-Web-Cam-Webcam-wit

I have the opportunity to buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102962

...probably for about $50-$60.

I don't currently need a better gpu, I currently have a Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB.

Worth the upgrade while I have the chance?

I wouldn't say so. If you don't currently need a faster GPU, keep the money and buy a much faster one when you do. 7950 is pretty long in the tooth now. :P

Depends what $50-60 means really though, to me that's about £30 which is a bit of a steal, however I know that in computing parts in America are often around half what they cost here. (Watercooling parts are anyway).

Edited by Muel