Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

It's amazing haha. Might have to get a couple more. :P

First of all, disable the automatic reboot after BSOD: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

Then, take a pic of the screen and post here, and probably on the W7 forum as well. The contents of the error wil help diagnose.

As it's a new system with basic parts and nothing overclocked, I'm gonna shoot for faulty memory. If that's what the BSOD suggests, you'll have to run http://www.memtest86.com/with 1 stick at a time installed, 1 of them will probably have errors, in which case you can return the kit. I presume you went with 2 stocks of DDR3? 4gb each or something?

post-4715-0-78312200-1436750444_thumb.jp

Hasn't been doing it as much recently, but here's the snap.

Had a quick google, as with many of those stop errors it can mean anything. :lol:

Basically it's caused by an error reading data from one of your disks, either by a faulty disk, cable, motherboard etc or corrupted data, or can be caused by malware.

To investigate further:

• Run HDTune and CrystalDiskInfo to look for bad sectors on the disk
  • Follow this guide to find out more about the problem that occured.
  • Do a virus/malware scan to make sure that its not being caused by anything nasty.
  • What hardware/drivers do you have installed? Have you got the proper chipset drivers etc?

Awesome thanks, will work through that list and let you know.

I have another question. Powerline Ethernet? Anyone used them before? Wireless is just starting to piss me off.

I've rearranged a little, and by that I mean, usb extension, powered hub and then plugged the wifi adapter into that. The only thing stopping me now is that I'd have to buy something that'd have another Ethernet port because I'm using one right now for a network webcam. >_<

Just bought a PNY XLR8 (I hate this tacky names in consumer electronics...) GTX 770 for just £135 posted, used but great condition all accessories, it is clocked higher than most of the GTX 770 on market and I will be able to OC more :)

I might get a water block as well, as they are pretty rare to come by for this card, and I might get an ITX machine for uni

okay, this was unexpected

my 770 boost itself to 1263MHz without manually OCing.

and it runs around 1.3GHz without touching the voltage fairly stable, although I reverted back to "normal"clocks

At the moment it is nearly as quick as an 780... cool stuff

Ooft not bad going dude. :) Might look at overclocking my GTX960s soon. They're the bottleneck of my system now. Did have my 5820k overclocked but no point really because I saw no improvement in performance at all.

I finally got on the mechanical keyboard thing, grabbed a Razer Black Widow Ultimate in the Amazon prime sale for £85, pretty happy with it so far although it takes some getting used to. Wasn't 100% sure as it uses Razer's own switched instead of the usual Cherry MX switches, but seems really good to me. :)

Also recently bought some cheap second hand watercooling gear for fun (probably throwing it in my spare rig). CPU block and 2 radiators so far. :)

Ooft not bad going dude. :) Might look at overclocking my GTX960s soon. They're the bottleneck of my system now. Did have my 5820k overclocked but no point really because I saw no improvement in performance at all.

I finally got on the mechanical keyboard thing, grabbed a Razer Black Widow Ultimate in the Amazon prime sale for £85, pretty happy with it so far although it takes some getting used to. Wasn't 100% sure as it uses Razer's own switched instead of the usual Cherry MX switches, but seems really good to me. :)

Also recently bought some cheap second hand watercooling gear for fun (probably throwing it in my spare rig). CPU block and 2 radiators so far. :)

I think I will go with something the anniversary 2 core Intel, as I want to go ITX really bad as my uni room will be tiny...

I think I will go with something the anniversary 2 core Intel, as I want to go ITX really bad as my uni room will be tiny...

I kinda fancy doing an ITX build at some point but not that fussed. I'm more into the idea of doing a mini-ATX build but with SLI graphics cards and a crazy GPU, but doubt I'll bother.

Decided this watercooling gear I bought is going in my main computer. Just ordered a pump/res combo, so when that arrives all I need to decide on is what tubing to use. Very tempted by hard line... Often works out cheaper than flexible tubing as you heat and bend the tubes where you would usually need 90 degree fittings, but it's much tricker to put together and makes it way more difficult to work on stuff. You end up having to drain the loop as soon as you want to do any work on it.

I kinda fancy doing an ITX build at some point but not that fussed. I'm more into the idea of doing a mini-ATX build but with SLI graphics cards and a crazy GPU, but doubt I'll bother.

Decided this watercooling gear I bought is going in my main computer. Just ordered a pump/res combo, so when that arrives all I need to decide on is what tubing to use. Very tempted by hard line... Often works out cheaper than flexible tubing as you heat and bend the tubes where you would usually need 90 degree fittings, but it's much tricker to put together and makes it way more difficult to work on stuff. You end up having to drain the loop as soon as you want to do any work on it.

This guy basically says that hard lines are better than flex ones...

and I like the idea!

My current GPU is a beast, but it is really noisy at full load, then again it OC like beast.I will see my funds/space at uni. it seems that I will need to sell the car, as I wont need it, and it would worth more to get a car, with the same bonus 0, when I will earn enough like

Yeh I'm a big fan of Jays, saw that video earlier and after doing some maths it would work out cheaper. Does make working on it way more difficult though.

What cooler have you got? That's one major advantage of my GTX960s - they only pull 120w of power, so generate very little heat, so are extremely quiet. (Especially seeing as I have the Gigabyte 4gb G1 Gaming versions).

pny XLR8 dual fan cooler

it has a stock fan curve, but runs at 1263 MHz without throttling, and I do like this MHz that is 60 MHz higher than it "should" be

I nearly got the normal EVGA 960, but I think I made the right decision, I am more a power than quietness man

Everyone at work uses them and loves them. They actually work, which is nice when our office is wifi only. :P

I got a pair, plugged them in and worked right away. I was getting so pissed off with wireless.

Only issue now is a moved by network webcam to a different ethernet port and I can't seem to access it anymore. I know it's IP but that isn't working. Anyone got any ideas? I seem to have issue with this every time I touch it.

The IP is 192.168.0.20 for sure. I feel like it's the computer side that isn't set up properly but I just don't know where to start.

I can set it up wirelessly with no problems too so I know it's not an issue with the camera.

The windows diagnose feature says it's ip adress isn't configured problerly. But I think it's telling me that because it thinks its wired to a router or a modem and isn't receiving internet.

The IP is 192.168.0.20 for sure. I feel like it's the computer side that isn't set up properly but I just don't know where to start.

I can set it up wirelessly with no problems too so I know it's not an issue with the camera.

The windows diagnose feature says it's ip adress isn't configured problerly. But I think it's telling me that because it thinks its wired to a router or a modem and isn't receiving internet.

Can you IP config ping the ip to make sure its live? My cam just works in browser with no setup, it was some cheap Chinese jobby but works really well

Ah the is camera down, it looks the IP has changed. Hopefully it has as any other problems are a ballache to solve haha. Try downloading an IP scanner (dont use angry ip scanner) and then find the new IP address from that list, then connect to that

Ok, so I bought a WGR614v10 on ebay. It came, it's V7. No biggy. However, it seems to work fine for about 10 seconds then pretty much just gives up for a minute, and repeats. I'm pretty sure I just got the firmware upgraded somehow however it's still giving me shit.

Setup is Modem > v10 > powerline adapter > v7 > computer.

Am I missing something or is it just f**ked?

Windows10 is installed, did the simple upgrade path over windows7 and it's mostly all working spot on. Minor issue with a setting that had changed on the audio but on the whole nothing else to worry about.

For all intents and purposes it might as well be windows7 that boots quicker (9 seconds from bios load) and with a cleaner interface :)