Baron Tyre

Matt Vandart

The Der Barons are good too - they're the Rain King with a new name (retarded MTBers thought it was 'only' a rain tyre, so didn't think they could use it in other conditions...). Cap's been running one for a while and it's just as good as Stan's Der Kaiser. I think Ali used to run the Rain King on his Stinger/Premier and it was good then too.

I'd recommend a Der Baron (the proper sticky version, not that one in the link). I've been using a Rain King - which is the same tyre - for the best part of two years and it's still barely worn. It's also the grippiest tyre I've used for street and natural, and has the best sidewalls of any tyre I've used for trials. Good tyre (Y)

• Like 1

Cool thanks dudes, I am aware of the rain king /der baron thing. I am looking for a smaller tyre for my XC bike that wont go skating in the wet. The trails on the mountain by my house is very rocky, as soon as they get a sniff of damp its skiiing time.

The mountain king 2's I got are sheeeeeeite in these conditions. Read somewhere the Baron was a good wet weather tyre.