Insulating a van

J.KYDD

Hi Guys,

Right, so i'm insulating, ply lining and carpeting my van next week but i need a little advice.

I've heard a few conflicting opinions on what to use as insultion. I was going to use loft insulation, but have seen a few people saying this can hold moisture and is not ideal for use in a van.

Seen a few guys recommending the use of celotex boards as they can't retain any condensation.

As a third option, my girlfreind's dad is a builder and he's said he'd probably just drill a few holes in the ply and inject expanding foam into the cavities.

Any advice from anyone here? Has anyone else already done it?

Cheers,

Josh

Cool, cheeers man.

Its working out to be quite expensive this!

Any ideas on the flooring. I was going to use kitchen lino, but a roll of that is much more expensive than i was expecting. Could carpet it too, but i think it'll just get shitty

Cool, cheeers man.

Its working out to be quite expensive this!

Any ideas on the flooring. I was going to use kitchen lino, but a roll of that is much more expensive than i was expecting. Could carpet it too, but i think it'll just get shitty

If you go to a carpet/flooring shop they might do you a good deal on off-cuts and scraps?

What are you insulating the van for btw?

So i can sleep in the back. Makes it so much more usable for weekends away riding. Going to riding to France for a week or so in the summer so want it all nice for that