hand blisters!

ashleys sugden

i use a Stanley knife to cut of the callous when they get to big(you could also use sandpaper and grind them away)...When they get to a certain size the skin above seems to rip/crack and as a result bleeding/annoying wound occurs(at least it does for me.).

I do the same

• Like 1

Personally I don't think any uniform diameter grip will complete solve this problem. I've tried foam grips and they only felt marginally more comfortable, although I do prefer the solid feel of French grips.

I've already tried 4 types of grips and none worked well, so I am going to try and make a pair of conical grips so that each finger has a matching diameter. Today I made a prototype using sticky tape and it felt like a step in the right direction. A combination of the following materials might do the trick:

+ Two-part epoxi resin

+ Hadnlebar tape

+ Leather tape (also good for absorbing moisture)

+ Rope

+ Carbon fiber

+ Large diameter heatshrink tubing

Not sure about the handlebar tape though, never used it but I get the impression that it might slip especially if layerd onto itself. Unfortunately I am going home for one whole month so this experiment will have to wait, but I'll post back once as soon as it's done.

Edited by Scoox

Personally I don't think any uniform diameter grip will complete solve this problem. I've tried foam grips and they only felt marginally more comfortable, although I do prefer the solid feel of French grips.

I've already tried 4 types of grips and none worked well, so I am going to try and make a pair of conical grips so that each finger has a matching diameter. Today I made a prototype using sticky tape and it felt like a step in the right direction. A combination of the following materials might do the trick:

+ Two-part epoxi resin

+ Hadnlebar tape

+ Leather tape (also good for absorbing moisture)

+ Rope

+ Carbon fiber

+ Large diameter heatshrink tubing

Not sure about the handlebar tape though, never used it but I get the impression that it might slip especially if layerd onto itself. Unfortunately I am going home for one whole month so this experiment will have to wait, but I'll post back once as soon as it's done.

Gloves are good !

halfords foam grips are the best there ment for racing bikes but cut them down to size and your onto a to a winner best grips I've ran by far :)

I used to like these too but they are actually terrible. Dont use gloves. Let the callous' build then cut them back with a razor after you have been in the shower. Have a dedicated razor. You won't want to use it on your face afterwards. Hard grips are good like the ancient mbuk grips. But the trial tech foams are very nice i have been using the thin ones for quite some time now and they are doing well but when they get wet from sweat they do get slippery so some talcum powder or chalk could be good. Don't moisturise just let them get hard and manly. The ladies won't thank you for it though...

Moisturise, better to have soft calluses to protect you than hard calluses to tear a hole in your hand. If I've had a long break from trials I keep cutting my calluses down until they get wider rather than thicker.

Moisturise, better to have soft calluses to protect you than hard calluses to tear a hole in your hand. If I've had a long break from trials I keep cutting my calluses down until they get wider rather than thicker.

I have cut a hole into a pair of gloves so that the palm is exposed, and I bought some tennis racket towel covers which slide nicely onty my grips. These are very cheap and I can rotate them when they are wet. I bought 4 pairs for less than 2 quid.

However, turning the bars back a bit towards the rear seems to have made quite a big difference to my hands comfort.

BTW it's not about being a fairy, if your hands bleed it's normal to try to find solutions.