who's going to be the first person on here to buy one of these?

24martin

• 4 weeks later...

I would imagine the crank problem will only be an issue when buying from certain retailers, I can't imagine Tarty sending them to customers with a problem like that.

Random bump but thought it was relevant now we've got some updated photos - the RockMan cranks clear with plenty of room (they match the profile of the frame perfectly, and they've got a load more offset than the Monty cranks too), so our bikes are sent out with them on.

large_montym58a.jpg

• Like 1

there are 3 of that Paganis

actually i am not sure if I would buy this or any high spec comp bikes. Yes, they are light and fancy, but they are not made durable enough for everyday street use

but thats my opinion

I don't think comparing some of the most expensive cars in the world to trials bikes is a great idea.

For Pagani it's most likely "f**k you man, because we can!". Doesn't mean we should apply it to bikes, unless you want to pay £19,549 for a frame.

No but the newest "space age" materials are the only logical direction to go... a bike made of carbon-nanotubes would be just about unbreakable and impossibly light .(wiki)".. ability to endure tension of a weight equivalent to 6422 kg (14,158 lbs) on a cable with cross section of 1 mm2"

Makes carbon fibre look a bit out of date :)

The bike looks pretty nice, but after my experience with just a carbon top tube in my Echo Pure much like Stan shaw's Echo. I found that one carbon tube stiffened the bike uo enough, that you lost spring in the frame when compressing for sidehops and gaps. This may well ride differently as it's a full carbon frame, but my view is that it would be a very stiff bike with little to no flex in the frame, therefore requiring the rider to put more effort in to lift the bike more. Nothing wrong with that if you a top comp rider or someone equally as fit. But if someone was to go out and buy one and then find it too stiff that they can't ride at the same level as before, without putting lots more effort in, that could be pretty disappointing after forking out all that money.

It would be interesting to hear from people that have ridden the M5 if it is as stiff as I imagine.

Yes Mark, I see your point I was also thinking that they wouldnt be good at taking impact.

But using them for parts like cranks and mix it in with carbon fibre somthing. So the compression was taken by the fiber and the stretch by the nanotube. Bet you could make some seiously funky looking bike parts :)

Also there is the option of sandwich (stick several together to create somthing that can take the bendy forces)

Edited by UK_SPAWN

The bike looks pretty nice, but after my experience with just a carbon top tube in my Echo Pure much like Stan shaw's Echo. I found that one carbon tube stiffened the bike uo enough, that you lost spring in the frame when compressing for sidehops and gaps. This may well ride differently as it's a full carbon frame, but my view is that it would be a very stiff bike with little to no flex in the frame, therefore requiring the rider to put more effort in to lift the bike more. Nothing wrong with that if you a top comp rider or someone equally as fit. But if someone was to go out and buy one and then find it too stiff that they can't ride at the same level as before, without putting lots more effort in, that could be pretty disappointing after forking out all that money.

It would be interesting to hear from people that have ridden the M5 if it is as stiff as I imagine.

Yes you are right, but bear in mind, Monty advertise it as a high end comp ( as the price reflect). It is designed for professional riders to use in a competition environment, not for me, on the street bashing it.

For example take a look at Koxx Sky series. They are very light, they are high end, and they are expensive and I could ride it, but there is a big possibility that I will crack it at the first missed gap ( as a guy, who knows how to fix a computer, and cant really ride).

Actually some review would be interesting

If you read the "Potential applications" on the wiki, you will see this;

"Sports equipmentStronger and lighter tennis rackets, bicycle parts, golf balls, golf clubs, and baseball bats."

quote name="aener" post="2521481" timestamp="1370507557"]

...Or you could just accept that whilst CNT is a stupendously cool material, it's simply not appropriate for trials bikes.

Edited by UK_SPAWN