who's going to be the first person on here to buy one of these?

24martin

It's funny how people assume that carbon is snap happy when they clearly know nothing of what/how carbon actually works. Obviously there are different standards of carbon construction but one would assume that Monty have put a lot of effort into getting this right, hence the price tag.

Talking of price tags, I still don't get why people think that this amount of money for a high end top of the range bike is a ridiculous amount. I can only assume it's because kids these days expect the best, so when they realise they can't afford the best - they get pissy.

When I was growing up I raced XC and road. Clearly as a kid working Saturdays in a bicycle shop I was never going to be able to afford a Trek Madone. I didn't go on about how ridiculous the price tag was, nor did I start comparing it with other bikes and trying to pull apart the components load out trying to work out why it cost so much. It costs what it costs. I raced on a second hand, low end giant for most of my time racing. I always wished I could have a Madone but I had to settle for a poster of one on the wall and the occasional sit on one in the shop. Just because YOU can't afford it, it doesn't mean it's over priced. Anyway, £3,000 for a top of the range bike isn't ridiculous.

One last thing about carbon...

Boeing_787_composites.throughout.jpg

OH MY GOD, A PLASTIC PLANE?! WHAT AN OVERPRICED PILE OF SNAP.

• Like 4

I think you are the one who doesn´t get it that´s for sure...99% people who buy this bike will change BB right away, who the hell would use some FSA crap on F1 bike???If anyone has problem with it what stops them from calling monty and getting them sort it out?

Edit: To add some new info to this topic frame kit(frame+forks+headset+bash) costs 1800-1900euro. So for the price of the full bike you can get better and lighter parts than on full build.

really? full bike at that price range I can't ride right away because the bb is too narrow

even if he is my hero, I would (axe)kick ot pi in the nuts with lots of commitment

ackJPLe1.gif

Just ripped this from dani comas's Facebook page, note double maggie and no booster on the rear. It must be super stiff then, and its probably lighter than the full build tartys are offering. Bet its in the high 6kg's

post-29242-0-97317600-1367140063_thumb.j

Yeah I agree. Think we've pretty much reached the design limits for the moment, with all the different styles out there, for durability and lightness. Next big thing will be carbon stock frames, but other than that I can't see anymore massive innovations, short of carbon rims

This is the result of 2 years of development...cranck rub the frame, genius....

They made a mistake on the first carbon frame bike, what you can buy too. I say it is not that problem what you cant sort out, but the frame (seems) strong.

Retailers as "Monty shop" in the same Monty factory? Yes they do it...

The thing is that pro riders of Monty test the bike with try-all or rockman cranks.... Check the pic of Dani's bike....

This is probably because Monty cranks are not very reliable....

Althoug, the frame is the best..

Was considering one of these but I'm not sure now as my track record if I didn't get on with it it wouldn't make much money in the second hand market..

Crank issue is terrible IMHO. For a bike of that caliber and they can't get Monty cranks to fit??

Surprised dani is using that tyre on the rear thought the race would be much grippier / lighter..

Double maggys too? He's always run dual disc and with the problem Abel had with the mounts breaking not sure why he would swap over..

Edited by i like cunning stunts

About rear Creepy Crawler.

This photo was taken before a competition (Spanish championship) that was predicted full wet with a lot of mud, this is provably the reason because he decided to mount a Creepy Crawler..

For those interested, Dani wins. Fantastic Dani!

I think you are the one who doesn´t get it that´s for sure...99% people who buy this bike will change BB right away, who the hell would use some FSA crap on F1 bike???If anyone has problem with it what stops them from calling monty and getting them sort it out?

Edit: To add some new info to this topic frame kit(frame+forks+headset+bash) costs 1800-1900euro. So for the price of the full bike you can get better and lighter parts than on full build.

you sir...are a willy warmer

Where did you see the frame-kit up for sale out of interest? I know Trial-Bikes were mentioning getting some in stock, but hadn't seen it on their site yet.

In terms of what is next in technology I would personally just look to other disciplines (with more funding) ie MTb or roadie where carbon frames, bars, forks and now more commonly rims are standard .. I personally think carbon cranksets will be another step within trials riding

For reference look at

Sram xo crankset

Enve carbon rims

Also I can't wait to see a pimped out m5 full build