Why brakeless is so unpopular?

clerictgm

not grinded my brakes in like 3 months and the grind is still good

I used to run Magura's on my old trials bikes, never used a grind at all.

Set the brake up properly and profit.

well that is utter bollocks, of course you can fall off because of bad brakes. and it can be dangerous. it depends how hard you push yourself.

hopping on the back wheel is most certainly easier WITH brakes. thats just wrong.

not trying to cause an argument, but i felt that had to be said

That what he is saying - if you have no brakes, you can't fall off because of bad ones.

Also, you can't say what HE finds easier. You may find it easier with a brake, he may not.

• 2 months later...

My saint broke when we were riding Manchester yesterday so had to go brakeless all day and really enjoyed it.

I went and rode a local spot this evening and it makes a spot I've ridden hundreds of times feel like new. It's amazing how different you see things. Loving it at the moment so even when I sort my brake out I may keep it off for a while!

Why not ride a bike with brakes but don't use them when u want to ride brake less?

It's just not the same.

I can't back that up in any way other than telling you to try it.

You have no safety net so you HAVE to see spots differently.

Edit: Now let this thread die :P

Edited by aener

• 2 weeks later...

Brakeless F.T.W.!

Today was my first ride with brakes after 14months being brakeless. And this is AWESOME. So much things to do in whole city, so much new opportunities. So much new lines and stuff to ride on.

Even that I have 5 FIIIIIVE punctures today for 4-hours ride I'm very happy.