Limey 4 they do crack!

kane666r

It's a lightweight aluminium bike frame used for trials biking, of course it's going to crack/snap eventually. You really can't expect too much life out of a competition frame..

BUT, considering its light VERY few have snapped/cracked or anything akin to it.

I'm yet to see one thats cracked and Ive seen them take some proper hammering.

Yeah Craig he's broken everything think we may go steel next jaf bikes I thinks

For those who want to know its cracked

On the head tube both sides and on the rear chain stay where it meets the tensioner

They are only very small

• Like 1

Just wonder if anyone else has cracked on yet?

BASH! BANG! BASH! CRASH!!!!!!

any frame will crack after normal abuse... PLUS.. its a light-weight frame, so to save weight, regarding it has to have enogh metal to make the frame... the only way is to use thinner tubing....

Onza's are well made IMO all rockmans snap, K-lone snap, cranks snap, magura slaves pop... trials bikes take a lot of abuse... ive never heard a road biker snap a frame or crank etc... my Zoo! is cracked and when i show a road cyclist there gob smacked..................

nothing lasts forever..............

if you hold your tivo remote and smack it constantly against the wall.... will it survive?? :P

Edited by stunt man t

Jesus, calm down! The dude said his friend had snapped one and was wondering whether anyone else had yet, he wasn't saying it was impossible!

people have been convinced for a while now that these were unbreakable with the likes of joe seddon on one battering it. and surviving, i was hoping it would be this generations 05-07 controls

• Like 1

They are still one of the strongest frames out there. So many hefty riders have them.. Prattley, seddon, manning, Carthy had one, Baxter etc. Even Deakin hasn't managed to crack his.

Ultimate geo, great weight and strength, great looks. Popular for a reason.

Well done for breaking one! Effort!

• Like 1

They are still one of the strongest frames out there. So many hefty riders have them.. Prattley, seddon, manning, Carthy had one, Baxter etc. Even Deakin hasn't managed to crack his.

Ultimate geo, great weight and strength, great looks. Popular for a reason.

Well done for breaking one! Effort!

Yeah I've got to say I am really really impressed with mine, I put one of the biggest dents in the downtube I've seen in my life around 4 months ago, it's almost like a fold but hasn't cracked somehow.

Since then I've added about 4 dents of similar size going right up to the head tube and it's still fine... I seriously disrespect my bike and bail all the time, I smack the downtube into everything and constantly whack it on sidehops.

I've started doing hooks (but very small ones) and no cracks have appeared yet. Even if a crack does appear I'll ride it til it's dead.

Anyone who's ridden with me will know how much I thrash this bike lol. Harmer used to cringe every time he saw me ride cause he's so f**king gentle to his bike but he seems to be less and less worried about his frame once he's seen how much abuse mine taken (it's been through half a year of Prattley as well).

Somehow that turned into an essay....

BASH! BANG! BASH! CRASH!!!!!!

any frame will crack after normal abuse... PLUS.. its a light-weight frame, so to save weight, regarding it has to have enogh metal to make the frame... the only way is to use thinner tubing....

Onza's are well made IMO all rockmans snap, K-lone snap, cranks snap, magura slaves pop... trials bikes take a lot of abuse... ive never heard a road biker snap a frame or crank etc... my Zoo! is cracked and when i show a road cyclist there gob smacked..................

nothing lasts forever..............

if you hold your tivo remote and smack it constantly against the wall.... will it survive?? :P

Cock

This is what's wrong with the forum

Wankers preaching to everyone

Only asked if anyone else had cracked one yet?