2014 hs33

tigriss

For single moves possibly, but if you do longer lines (e.g. if you're riding natural), then having a brake with more power means you're expending less energy when you're using it which in turn means you won't get as tired.

I ride natural and haven't found a shorter lever be much different in terms of arm pump to when I used 4 finger levers.

why?

ill get an echo probably for christmas, but until then I need a brake. I am thinking about hs33 14, and I will sell the brand new, unused echo when I will get there, but if the difference is not big, then I get a raceline 04/ 05 maggie from ebay for cheap

why?

ill get an echo probably for christmas, but until then I need a brake. I am thinking about hs33 14, and I will sell the brand new, unused echo when I will get there, but if the difference is not big, then I get a raceline 04/ 05 maggie from ebay for cheap

Racelines aren't cheap.

I will need a new brake anyway and loads of people say that this brake is very good and better than tr, so I will go with this and I will sell the echo

I will put up a review by myself ( it wont be the most professional)

Just got my set through today. Only fitted the rear brake as of yet, but it feels solid! :D and with the standard oil bled. Can also feel a lot more power compared to my 05 with a two finger lever. Think I will really like these and there's no more need to water bleed meaning lower maintenance. Overall so far these are great!

Just got my set through today. Only fitted the rear brake as of yet, but it feels solid! :D and with the standard oil bled. Can also feel a lot more power compared to my 05 with a two finger lever. Think I will really like these and there's no more need to water bleed meaning lower maintenance. Overall so far these are great!

I new you would get a pair Nick.. You are a bike tart :P

Obviosly my pair impressed you, hence why you bought a set.

And everyone should do the same :D

I will need a new brake anyway and loads of people say that this brake is very good and better than tr, so I will go with this and I will sell the echo

I will put up a review by myself ( it wont be the most professional)

The older TR's where mint but the newer ones feel pretty shit

05 lever body with echo sl cnc blade for me

echo cnc lever blade is a little shit... it flex in the exact point where the bone pivot on the blade!

i can't explain what i mean, but it's a bad design. it flex.

are cool and longer than the 4fingers and also more confortable, but i prefer a STIFF lever feeling than a more confortable brake!

this way i can understand if the brake has to be bled or not.. and also can understand if it brakes or not despite of the maggy sound.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is the 4 finger and it's awesome so far :)

Haven't used the shorter '14 lever so can't really compare, it seems far more powerful than my mates 2 finger '05 but also more flexible at the same time (which is to be expected).

• Like 1

And first part of the review as promised

*it will be an unprofessional one*

I ordered the £70 pound 4 finger version from tarty (thanks guys!) and when it arrived I was first surprised, it arrived in bubble wrap. Its not a big problem, I need the brake only, not the package

First impression :sexy, nice blade. This carbotecture is strange, but seems strong enough.

The TPA ring made of plastic, but other part seems metal

First impressions were good as my first new brake, as soon as I get my hands on my bike ill pop it and test it