EE Network - Broadband

bike_dummie

Hi,

We recently changed to EE Network as it was supposed to be amazing! But this is not the case :( The connection itself is practically non-existent and when we do have a connection it is horrifically slow! It makes our previous connection with orange seem lightning fast!

I can't even get through 15 seconds if a song on Spotify which I use all the time at least 2-3 hours a day usually more!

Is anyone else using EE and what's it like?

Also any help to speed it up would be very much appreciated! :D

Edited by bike_dummie

Harmer has it and when we were at radfest he had amazing signal and 4G, I'm on o2 and was struggling to get "E". Basically on android you get Internet varying from g, E, 3G, h, then h+ on my phone to give an idea of what it was like. I think 4G is a step above that H+.

Mines great when I get it. Being on the tour I've been in some cities to try out the 4G connection too - it's lightning fast. It does cut out completely when on a phone call and switching back to 3G.

Is that broadband or mobile network your talking about?

Iv been on the EE network for 5 months but in all honesty I think it is the city im in. (inverness)

That does not fill me with confidence they said that it would improve over 10 days after we had it wired up but we are on day 8 and its getting worse :(

Harmer has it and when we were at radfest he had amazing signal and 4G, I'm on o2 and was struggling to get "E". Basically on android you get Internet varying from g, E, 3G, h, then h+ on my phone to give an idea of what it was like. I think 4G is a step above that H+.

This is broadband i am talking about but i cant see how the mobile network is soo good compared to the broadband we are receiving? :S

Orange is EE now so not sure what you mean.

However if it's still within the first ~10 days of a new connection the line may still be training, meaning erratic speeds.

Sorry that kinda means nothing to me :P will I notice a large difference after the 10 days

I've been with orange/EE for years and its f**king wank. I've only just been able to get on now as it hasn't been working for 4 days.

We have been on orange for years even when it used to be called something and it has worked fine. Obviously it's not the best but it worked better than this.

Read the post guys, broadband not mobile broadband.

If your service is shit, ring EE

Before you do that, make sure you have filters on your phones (any thing connected to the phone), reset the router for 1 minute, if possible make sure your router is plugged into your MASTER phone socket - not an extension as you will massively lose performance/speed.

Run a speedtest.net

Plug your router into the master socket (this will have a BT logo on it, or the logo of your telecom provider with a split panel - most people have a phone plugged into it, if you do, plug your router in and run another speedtest and see if an extension socket is the cause of your problem.

I have been using a cable all day and the broadband has been a lot faster. Is it likely the router is just crap?

Maybe. But don't rule out your own laptop. Have you tried with another laptop?

Read the post guys, broadband not mobile broadband.

If your service is shit, ring EE

Before you do that, make sure you have filters on your phones (any thing connected to the phone), reset the router for 1 minute, if possible make sure your router is plugged into your MASTER phone socket - not an extension as you will massively lose performance/speed.

Run a speedtest.net

Plug your router into the master socket (this will have a BT logo on it, or the logo of your telecom provider with a split panel - most people have a phone plugged into it, if you do, plug your router in and run another speedtest and see if an extension socket is the cause of your problem.

Maybe. But don't rule out your own laptop. Have you tried with another laptop?

Thanks for the help. We are running the router from the master phone socket. The speeds of our broadband are very fast when using a cable. We have all tried our laptops (4 in total) and it was nippy for all of us but still super slow not using a cable.

So does this mean it is the router is rubbish?

This thread has been amended, it didn't used to say Broadband in the title and his first post doesn't mention broadband!

I want a refund.

Haha yeah sorry 'bout that forgot to mention it :P