chinese pedals on ebay

• 4 months later...

as they are stated as bmx pedals would they not have a different size thread? not to mention there out of stock

but they're uuber cool right?

Yeah, 9/16 is universal.

there's so much choice by way of pedals. I'm currently drooling over burgtec mk4's with ti axles, 370g and a three year guarantee on the pedal body and axle!

I have got both hope f20 and burgtec mk4.

i had nuke proofs before, the hopes are solid and look quality

the burgtecs grip like no other pedal and the platform is massive feels much nicer if your running quite a soft sole shoe, and they do custom etched.

my old nukeproofs lasted years and i still have them. Love the grip and the weight

but they're uuber cool right?

Yeah, 9/16 is universal.

there's so much choice by way of pedals. I'm currently drooling over burgtec mk4's with ti axles, 370g and a three year guarantee on the pedal body and axle!

Didn't realise it said 9/16. Just saw it said BMX which always used to be a smaller thread. Didn't realise they were universal now!

Didn't realise it said 9/16. Just saw it said BMX which always used to be a smaller thread. Didn't realise they were universal now!

9/16 has been on 3peice cranks since forever!

80's into early 90's 1/2" was the norm on all bmx's (I know, I was there) and is still on the cheaper bikes. Everything 3peice is 9/16 (×20?) as far as I'm aware

Edited by *gentlydoesit

9/16 has been on 3peice cranks since forever!

80's into early 90's 1/2" was the norm on all bmx's (I know, I was there) and is still on the cheaper bikes. Everything 3peice is 9/16 (×20?) as far as I'm aware

Fair play, it was 80's 90's I was riding bmx too so never really dealt with 3 piece cranks.I retract my original post!

Scratch the start of this topic, a bit more experience and taste change.

I Can't decide between these, some are a tad on the heavy side I know. I don't like cage pedals so there's none in my list. I'd include all the nukeproofs but I've only pictured one.

As they're going to be a present, I really want to get the most out of them.

Given the choice what would you go for? Is there any tasty platform pedal I've missed? Cheers

images-1_zps6f5a3b44.jpg2014-04-08-23-06-48-818347180_zps6ed3b90

images-2_zps7ecc404e.jpg

855380d1387245939-platform-pedal-shootou

Screenshot_2014-04-16-01-43-18_zpsb33eb7

prod118169_Black_NE_01_zps16e09f2c.jpg

2014-04-16-22-50-42--1828747466_zpsa41c9

G0000CJ4_zpscde254aa.jpg

images_zps156314b2.jpg

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Vaults are the nicest feeling pedals I've tried but the axle doesn't give me much confidence. The new V12s could be a good option when they are out but they are a little on the heavy side.

I've got some Hope pedals and I'm super impressed with the build quality, the size and the weight, but the grip isn't up there with the best (lack of concave and rounded tipped pins don't help)

My go-to pedals are Inspireds, they have slight concave, not too heavy and the axles/bodies have survived a lot, a couple more pins wouldn't go amiss and maybe a touch more concave would be nice.

I've tried some of the super thin pedals with the larger in-board bearing but found the "hump" of the bearing was unbearable. My foot always ends up on it and it was just uncomfortable.

• Like 1

What Ali said re: the newer, thinner pedals. I have my feet right by my crank arms when I ride and consequently those pedals with the inboard bearing feel dick. The Inspired-style pedals do feel super good - I've been using the Inspired and more recently NukeProof Neutron pedals and can't fault them. If you want lighter/baller ones then those Neutrons with the fancy axle you posted a picture of would be a reasonable option. Strong body, strong axles and good pin configuration - they're tried and tested, unlike some of the other gash pedals in this topic! Just because you can make a fancy shape with a CNC machine doesn't mean you should...

EDIT: That said, the Mk4 Burgtec pedals look f**king swish. If they weren't £100 I'd be tempted to try a pair with the regular axle...

unlike some of the other gash pedals in this topic! Just because you can make a fancy shape with a CNC machine doesn't mean you should...

EDIT: That said, the Mk4 Burgtec pedals look f**king swish. If they weren't £100 I'd be tempted to try a pair with the regular axle...

Haha, agreed. All those pedals did get decent reviews though. Three year guarantee on the burgtec's is swaying me in their favour.. but £149 for the ti axle version is steep! I don't have to buy it myself so I'm not too worried about spending but more getting the value. In that vein the strength to weight tests of the syntace can't be over looked.

Can't say I've seen the inspired's, don't know how I've missed them but I'll have a look now :)

Not sure if these have been talked about before but: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=127 or

As far as I can see these are the same as Inspired/Nukeproof. I love mine and only £37, however I'm going for these now just for the through pins: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=194

The first ones take the same spares as Nukeproof so very easy to get :D